You can easily share files between your computer and phone using many ways such as FTP server, USB cable, etc. But what do you do if you want to send a web page link from your computer to your phone?. If you’re using Google Chrome with Sync enabled, the simplest way is to Bookmark the link and use it immediately on your smartphone. You can even get the required URL on multiple devices using a cross-platform application such as Google Keep, Pockets, etc.
Now, Google has made the link-sharing easier by introducing a new feature called Send Link to in Google Chrome browser which allows you instantly share the web page links from your PC to your phone. Check out the quick tutorial below.
What all you need?
- PC or a Laptop with Google Chrome installed
- A Mobile Phone with Google Chrome installed
- An active internet connection
Note: You must sign-in to Google Chrome on your both PC as well as on your phone using the same Google account (Gmail ID) . Also, make sure you have the latest version of Google Chrome installed.
Quickly Send Web Page Link From Chrome to Phone
- Open Google Chrome on your computer (Laptop or Desktop)
- Right-click on the link in case of Windows computer or control+Click on Mac computer
- Click on Send Link to [phone_name]. In the below example Mi A2 is the phone name
- Once you click on the Send link to, the notification appears instantly (Hardly 5 seconds) on the selected phone
- Now, click on the notification and it will open in the default browser
In case if you are reading a web page on your computer and would like to send the same link your phone, click on the Web Address Bar and a small device icon will show up at the end of the address bar. Then, select your device from the list.
Learn More Tips and Tricks
- Save WhatsApp Status Photos and Videos – Step by Step Guide
- Quickly Send Web Page Links From Your Computer To Phone
- Protect Your WhatsApp Chats Using Fingerprint Scanner: Step by Step Guide
- Read WhatsApp Messages Using Google Assistant: Step by Step Guide
- Control Mi LED Smart Bulb using Google Assistant: Step by Step Instructions