To provide the best user experience, Yahoo announces two new major initiatives – A completely modern Yahoo Mail Mobile Web Experience and a new Yahoo Mail Go app for Android Go Edition smartphones. Both are aimed to deliver the first-class Yahoo Mail experience regardless of device, location, storage capacity, or network speeds. The new Yahoo mobile browser experience shares many of the same features as the standard Yahoo Mail app with the added benefit of freeing up space. Once you open the Yahoo mail in the mobile browser, you can add an icon to your home screen that links directly to the Yahoo Mail mobile browser experience.
Key Highlights of Yahoo Mobile Browser
- Swipe through your inbox – The ability to take actions on emails quickly and easily by swiping right to mark as read and left to delete
- Customize your look and feel – New color themes with light and dark backgrounds
- Get organized easily with folders – Sidebar menu with folders for easy organization
- Never hunt for an email address – Auto-suggest frequently used email addresses when you type the first few letters
- Infinite scrolling inbox – Scroll all the way down your inbox without having to hit ‘next’ to see more emails
- Take quick action on emails – Easily delete, forward, reply and Easy access toolbar
- Modern Fonts
Android Oreo Go Edition was introduced during Google’s Made For India event held in December 2017. The Oreo Go Edition is specially built to provide a better user experience for devices with 512MB to 1GB of RAM such as Nokia 1, Lava Z50, Micromax Bharat Go etc.
Now, Yahoo has launched a dedicated Yahoo Mail Go app for Go Edition devices that provides Speed, Reliability and also saves Data. This app delivers the same features as the current Android app while keeping the RAM usage on devices below 50MB and the install size below 10MB. The Go app uses the exact same architecture as the standard Yahoo Mail app. You can download the Yahoo Mail Go App from here.