At #MadeForIndia event held in New Delhi, Google has announced a new Android version called Android Oreo Go Edition. This edition is specially built to provide a better user experience for devices with 512MB to 1GB of RAM. It includes various Performance and storage improvements, Built-in data management, and Security benefits. Smartphones running Android Oreo Go Edition will hit the market in early 2018.
All the devices with Android Oreo Go Edition come preloaded with specially optimized apps such as Google Go, Google Assistant Go, YouTube Go, Google Maps Go, Gmail Go, Gboard, Google Play, Chrome, and Files Go app. The special a version of the Google Play Store will allow you to download any apps and also highlights the apps which are specially designed to work best on Go edition devices. Furthermore, this new edition also comes with Google’s data saver features turned on by default and you can also manage which apps can use background data. As per Google, preinstalled Google apps on Android Oreo Go Edition take up 50 percent less space which doubles the amount of available storage on the device.
Key Highlights of Android Oreo Go Edition
- 15% faster app starting time
- More Storage – Fewer pre-installed apps, Lighter apps
- Specially designed apps – Less size, Lighter updates, Improved performance
- New File Go App – Delete unwanted files with ease, Notifies unused apps, High-speed file transfer etc
- Googe Go app – Send messages, make calls, set alarms, Find popular queries, top websites, apps, trending images with minimal typing without compromising the speed
- Google Assistant Go – Lighter and works flawlessly on devices with less than 1GB RAM
- G Board – Autocorrect, Voice Typing, Multilanguage support
- Data saver – Turned on by default, Allow/Restrict apps to use data
- Google Play Protect built-in – Offline app scanning