Update: Google Nest Audio India Launch: The Google Nest Audio Smart Speaker has been launched in India at an introductory price of ₹6,999. It comes in two colours –Chalk & Charcoal and will go on sale via Flipkart starting 16th October 2020 during Big Billion Days sale. It will also be made available in retail stores across India through Reliance Digital and Tata CLiQ. Make a note that, ₹6,999 is an introductory pricing and it will change to ₹7,999 once the offer ends.
Earlier: Global Launch – 1st October 2020 – Google launches Nest Audio, the successor of last year Google Home at an online event along with Pixel 5, Pixel 4a 5G and Chromecast with Google TV. It comes with a 19mm tweeter and a 75mm mid-woofer for an improved audio experience. According to Google, the Nest Audio is 75 percent louder and has 50 percent stronger bass than the original Google Home.
Nest Audio supports two new features Media EQ and Ambient IQ. The Media EQ automatically tune itself based on the kind of audio you’re listening to such as music, podcasts, audiobooks etc. and the Ambient IQ lets Nest Audio also adjust the volume of Assistant, news, podcasts and audiobooks based on the background noise in your home.
Google Nest Audio Features
- Connect Nest Audio to Google Home, Nest Mini or Nest Hub
- Stream transfer – Move music from one device to the other with voice.
- Built-in Google Assistant – Supports Hindi in India
- Control compatible smart home brands like Philips Hue, TP-Link and more
- Music recommendations from YouTube Music or Spotify
- Enclosure is made from 70% recycled plastic
- Chromecast built-in
- 802.11b/g/n/ac (2.4/5 GHz) Wi-Fi
- 75 mm woofer and 19 mm tweeter
- Capacitive touch controls
- 3 far-field microphones
- 1.8GHz Quad-core A53 processor, ML hardware engine
- Compatible with Android and iOS
- Physical mute button – Two-stage mic mute switch (hardware mute)
Nest Audio comes in five colours – Chalk, Charcoal, Sage, Sand, & Sky and Nest Audio is available online for $99.99 (Approx. ₹7,380) at the Google Store and other retailers in the U.S., Canada and India starting 5th October 2020. It will also be made available in retail stores including Target, Best Buy and more in 21 countries starting 15th October 2020.