Owning a device from a favorite brand is everyone’s dream. Apple is a brand loved by millions of people around the globe because of its build quality, performance, user-friendliness, and timely software updates. Every year, techies and geeks have their noses filled with nostalgia and their minds blowing with new expectations. That time of the year is known as the time when the annual Apple events take place.
With another annual event, which took place in March 2022, the bars have raised substantially as the geniuses behind the iOS madness come with a new bag of technology, accessibility options, and, yes – a couple of new devices we are all Apple devices lovers were waiting for. So, without much circling, let’s cut to the chase and find out the top 5 Apple devices to get in 2022.
1. Mac Studio
The new Mac Studio has an outrageous performance with an all-new M1 Ultra chip. The Apple M1 Ultra chip packs a 20-core CPU, 64-core GPU, and 32-core Neural Engine. And there’s up to 128GB of unified memory to add to the experience. The chip will be an option in the Mac Studio for the $3,999 configuration, and the first Apple M1 Ultra benchmarks show off the incredible power of the new slice of Apple silicon.
With an extensive connectivity range and a compact design, this studio can be seen as a small form factor workstation, which now goes as the 4th different addition to Apple’s desktop computers in the Macintosh setup. Some of the key highlights of Mac Studio are:
- Multiple Chips to choose from – M1 Max and M1 Ultra
- Up to 9 streams of 8
- Support for up to 5 displays
- 12 high-performance ports
- Up to 8TB SSD that delivers up to 7.4GB/s of performance
- Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0
2. iPad Air with Apple M1 Chip
An action-packed device like the iPad Air was already making the right noises in the market, but the latest Air pads are supercharged by the Apple M1 chip, and there’s more to it than just the OS. New iPad Air devices have a 12MP ultra-wide front camera with centerstage, a USB-C port with 2x faster transfer speeds, and 5G support on cellular models. You can also look for five new trending colors if you’re looking to buy the new iPad Air. Some of the key highlights of the iPad Air are:
- 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display
- Touch ID
- Landscape stereo speakers
- 4K video capture and Smart HDR
- eSIM and Wi-Fi 6 support
3. iPhone 13 Pro / Max Alpine Green color
The world’s most brilliant and fastest iPhone chip, the most lucrative feature of the iPhone 13 Pro, can now be purchased in the brand new Alpine Green color. Apart from the all-new color, all the technical specifications are the same as the standard iPhone 13 Pro / Max.
4. New iPhone SE with 5G support
This is what most new-age Apple users were waiting for in the Apple Event 2022. The iPhone SE is more imaginative and meaningful than before, with the all-powerful A15 Bionic chip and an incredible camera. A few key highlights of the New iPhone SE are:
- 4.7-inch Display
- Aerospace-grade aluminium and glass design
- Home button with Touch ID
- A15 Bionic – up to 1.8x faster than iPhone 8
- Supports Qi-certified chargers for wireless charging
- Supports fast charging
- 12-megapixel ƒ/1.8 wide camera
- 5G support
5. Apple AirPods (3rd Gen)
The third generation of AirPods supports spatial audio and comes with a new contoured design. The new AirPods are powered by an Apple H1 chip and include an Apple-designed acoustic system that uses computational audio to deliver sound with Adaptive EQ.
- Dolby Atmos
- Dynamic head tracking across Apple devices
- Sweat and water-resistant
- force sensor for easy and intuitive music control
- Up to 30 hours of total listening time with a charging case
An Important Thing to Remember
Every Apple device is expensive, but at the same time, they perform way better than its competitors. Just like the pricing, the service cost is also too high. Apple doesn’t replace an individual part but an entire module in most cases. For example, the trackpad of my MacBook Pro suddenly stopped working. It was an intermittent issue, and I had to rush to an Apple Authorized service center to diagnose it.
As my device was still under Warranty, Apple replaced the entire bottom casing, including the Keyboard, Tourbar, and Trackpad under warranty. Otherwise, I would have paid more than INR 50,000 to fix the trackpad. In my case, the trackpad doesn’t cost INR 50,000, but the Apple service center will replace the entire bottom casing to fix the trackpad. So, make a note of the following points before making the purchase.
- Buying an Apple Care / Apple Care+ plan can be pretty costly, but it’s often worth spending. In addition, an extended warranty guarantees you peace of mind.
- If your device is under warranty, visit an Apple Authorised service center to get your Apple device repaired. Make a note that some plans include accidental damage coverage, but you’ll have to pay a service fee. For example, iPhone’s screen or back glass damage will cost you around INR 9,000 with Apple Care+.
- If your Apple device is out of warranty and you want to save some money, visit a 3rd party service center and ask for the estimation before visiting an Apple-authorized service center. 3rd party service centers are always cheaper and work in their own way. Most of the time, they’ll replace only the defective parts instead of full module replacement. This saves you a lot of money.