Apple announces a much-anticipated entry-level iPhone, the 2nd Gen. iPhone SE (also called as iPhone SE 2020). It features a 4.7-inch Retina HD True Tone display and supports Dolby Vision and HDR10 playback. Under the hood is Apple-designed A13 Bionic chip which was first introduced with iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro.
It flaunts an aerospace-grade aluminum and durable glass design with an all-black front and the rear finish is obtained using a seven-layer color process. On the front, the iPhone SE also features the Home button designed with sapphire crystal to protect the sensor and a steel ring to detect a user’s fingerprint for Touch ID. You can use the Touch ID to unlock the phone, fill in passwords using iCloud Keychain, log in to apps, authorize App Store purchases, and make Apple Pay transactions.
The iPhone SE comes with a 12MP f/1.8 single camera on the rear that supports Portrait mode, HDR, Portrait mode Smart HDR photos to name a few. The all-new iPhone SE supports fast-charging and also wireless-charging with Qi-certified chargers. According to Apple, the device can go from 1 to 50% in 30 minutes. Additionally, the device also supports Wi-Fi 6 and Gigabit-class LTE, Dual SIM with eSIM.
iPhone SE 2020 Features
- IP67 certified – Water & Dust-resistant up to 1 meter for 30 minutes
- Portrait Lighting effects and Depth Control
- Stereo audio recording
- Cinematic video stabilization (Front & Rear)
- 4K Video capture at 60fps
- QuickTake video – Record videos without switching out of Photo modeling
- Haptic Touch for Quick Actions – Animating Live Photos, previewing messages, rearranging apps, etc
iPhone SE 2020 Price, Colors Availability
In the US, the iPhone SE (2nd Gen.) comes in three colors – Black, White, and (PRODUCT) RED and will be available in three variants – 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB. The price starts at $399. iPhone SE is available to pre-order on apple.com and the Apple Store app beginning at 5 a.m. PDT on Friday, 17th April 2020 and will be available from Apple, Apple Authorized Resellers and select carriers on Friday, 24th April in the US and more than 40 other countries and regions. Customers who purchase iPhone SE can enjoy one year of Apple TV+ for free.
Apple iPhone SE 2020 India Pricing
In India. the newly introduced Apple iPhone SE is offered in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB models in Black, White and (PRODUCT) RED starting at ₹42,500 and available to buy through Apple Authorised Resellers and select carriers in the coming weeks.
Apple iPhone SE 2020 Full Specifications
- 4.7-inch IPS Retina Display, 1334×750 Pixels, 326ppi
- True Tone Display, 1400:1 Contrast Ratio
- Wide Colour Display (P3), 625 nits brightness
- TouchID (Built into Home Button)
- A13 Bionic Chipset, Third-gen. Neural Engine
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB Internal Storage
- iOS 13
- Fast Charging, Wireless Charging
- 12MP Rear Camera, f/1.8, 5x Digital Zoom, LED True-tone Flash
- 7MP Front Camera, f/2.2, Retina Flash, 4K Video Recording
- Video Recording – 4K at 24/30/60fps, 1080p at 30/60fps, Slo‑motion 1080p at 120 or 240 fps
- Dual SIM (Nano + eSIM)
- 2G/3G/4G, VoLTE, Wi‑Fi Calling
- Gigabit-class LTE with 2×2 MIMO and LAA
- 802.11ax WiFi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- GPS/GNSS, VoLTE, Wi-Fi Calling
- iBeacon Micro-location, Digital Compass
- Sensors – Barometer, Three‑axis Gyro, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light
- Lightning Connector
- Dimensions – 138.4×67.3.×7.3mm
- Weight – 148g
- In the Box – Handset, EarPods with Lightning Connector, Lightning to USB Cable, USB Power Adapter, Documentation