Synology BeeDrive is a smart portable SSD that allows you effortlessly backup data on your computers as well as on mobile phones. The device functions similarly to a typical external hard drive but incorporates numerous features to effortlessly streamline your data management experience. It weighs about 43 grams and supports data transfer speeds up to 1050 MB/s through the built-in USB 3.2 Gen 2 port.
The BeeDrive comes with dedicated apps for Windows, Mac (Coming Soon), Android, and iOS devices, allowing you to back up multiple computers. To activate the automatic backup feature, you need to install the BeeDrive app on your computers and customize the folders you wish to include in the backup process. This is a one-time process, and you can modify it anytime as per your needs.
In case you missed it: Synology BeeDrive Review: The Ultimate SSD for Seamless Storage and Effortless Backup
To create a computer backup, connect the BeeDrive to the computer using a USB cable. When backing up another computer, disconnect BeeDrive from the first one and connect it to the second computer. All the files are backed up in their original format, and you can access those files on any computer without installing the BeeDrive app, just like a USB Pen Drive.
Additionally, BeeDrive only transfers newly created photos or files that haven’t been backed up previously. Additionally, BeeDrive is powered by Delta Sync technology to expedite the syncing procedure by solely backing up modified sections of a file rather than the entire file. This approach not only saves time but also the storage space. Check out all the key features below.
Synology BeeDrive Features
- Built-in SSD.
- USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 USB Port (10Gbps)
- Up to 2-meter drop protection.
- All files are stored locally, and no connection to the cloud.
- One-time purchase, No subscription fees.
- Real-time backup: Select any folders on the PC, and backups are done automatically with five past versions.
- Sync data between multiple computers: Connect the BeeDrive to a PC, and it will automatically sync your latest changes.
- Dedicated app for Windows and Mac Computers (Coming Soon).
- BeeDrive for Mobile: A dedicated app for Android and iOS to wirelessly transfer photos and documents. Supports backup of up to 5 mobile devices over Wi-Fi.
- BeeDrop: Quickly send files from iOS or Android phones to a Windows PC.
The Synology BeeDrive comes in two storage options – 1TB & 2TB and is priced at USD 120 (Apprxo. ₹9,900) & USD 199 (Approx. ₹16,500), respectively. It will be available to purchase globally starting 8th June 2023 via Amazon.com and select retail stores.
Synology BeeDrive Specifications
|USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps)
|Up to 1050MB/s
|BeeDrive for Desktop
Windows 10 (1809 or later)
macOS (coming soon)
iOS 14 or later
Android 10 or later
|RoHS, FCC, CE,
BSMI, VCCI, RCM,
KC, UKCA, BIS
|65 x 65 x 15 mm
|In the Box
USB-C to C Cable
USB-C to A Adapter