Back in February 2018, WhatsApp had introduced a new feature called WhatsApp Status that allows users to share Text, Photo, Video and GIF updates that disappear after 24 hours of posting. Even though you can take the screenshot of the photos shared by your contacts, there is no direct way to save the videos or GIFs shared in the status.
All the media posted in the Status are stored locally and can be accessed using a simple file manager app. There are many free and paid File Managers are available on the Play Store but we pick Files by Google because of its minimalistic design and multiple useful features. Follow the below tutorial to save WhatsApp Status Videos and Photo in Gallery.
How to Save WhatsApp Status in Gallery?
- Download Files by Google app from Play Store.
- Open the app.
- Tap on the Menu button on the top left and select Settings.
- Enable the option Show hidden files.
- Now go back to Home Screen and select Internal Storage.
- Open the folder named WhatsApp.
- then, Open the folder named Media.
- Now, find the folder named Statuses.
- That’s it. In this folder, you’ll get a list of all status files such as Photos, Videos, and GIFs shared by your contacts. Simply copy the required media file to the desired location.
Note: The Status shared by your contact list gets deleted automatically from your phones internal storage after 24 hours of posting. So copy the media to any other directory or folder before it gets deleted from the internal storage. Once deleted, you’ll not be able to recover it.
To copy the media files to any other location:
- Long press on the image or video file you want to copy. You can also select multiple media files
- Tap on the Menu button on the top right and select Copy to or Move to
- Select the Storage Location – Internal Storage or Memory card
- Select the folder you want to Copy
- Tap on Move here button at the bottom
That’s a wrap. A quick tutorial to Save WhatsApp Status Videos and Photos on your Android smartphone. Check out this section for more tutorials. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest tech updates.