HMD Global is the company based out in Finland has the rights to use the Nokia brand on mobile phones. After launching its first feature phone Nokia 150, Today company announces the first Android powered Smartphone Nokia 6. It’s a dual SIM device packs a 3000mAh battery and runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box.
Nokia 6 features an aluminum unibody design with 2.5D surface glass display and the Fingerprint scanner at the front. The 5.5″ Full HD IPS display is also protected by 3rd Gen. Corning gorilla glass. Under the hood is the Snapdragon 430 clocked at 1.5GHz with Adreno 505 GPU and 4GB of RAM. The rear camera has a 16MP sensor with PDAF and coupled with the Dual-tone LED flash. The front camera has a 8 MP sensor with 84˚ Wide-angle lens.
It offers 64GB memory and that can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card. Other specifications include Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, and USB OTG. Nokia 6 is also powered by Dual amplifiers deliver up to 6db louder sound with deeper bass and higher quality. It also supports Dolby Atmos.
Nokia 6 will debut in China exclusively through JD.com in early 2017 at 1699 CNY (Approx. ₹ 16,800). Initially, it is available only in Black color option.
Update (26/7/2017): Nokia 6 is available globally in Q2 2017. It is offered in four colours – Matte Black, Silver, Tempered Blue, and Copper. Nokia 6 will retail at an average global retail price of EUR 229 (Approx. ₹ 16,200).
Nokia 6 Specifications
- 5.5″ IPS Display, 1920 x 1080 Pixels, 403ppi
- 2.5D Surface Glass, Gorilla Glass 3rd Gen.
- Fingerprint Scanner, Ultra Fast Fingerprint Recognition (0.2 Sec)
- 1.5GHz Snapdragon 430 Processor, Octa-core
- 4GB LPPDDR3 RAM, Adreno 505 GPU
- 64GB Storage, Expandable Memory up to 128GB
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- 16MP Rear Camera, f/2.0, Dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF
- 8MP Front Camera. f/2.0, 84˚ Wide-angle lens
- Video Recording – 1080p @ 30fps
- 3000mAh Battery, 5V/2A Fast Charging
- Dual SIM, Nano + Nano, USB OTG
- 2G / 3G / 4G LTE, VoLTE
- Bluetooth, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS
- Smart Amplifier Chip (TFA9891), Dolby Atmos
- Micro USB 2.0, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors – Light, Proximity, Accelerometer, E-Compass, Gyroscope, Hall
- Dimensions – 154 x 75.8 x 7.85 mm
- Weight – 169 g
- Price – EUR 229 (Approx. ₹ 16,200)
- Colors – Matte Black, Silver, Tempered Blue, and Copper