Motorola announces the second generation Moto Z2 Play with new Moto Mods. This smartphone has a thickness of just 5.99mm and flaunts an all-metal unibody design. It sports a 5.5″ Full HD Super AMOLED display and powered by the Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 626 Octa-core processor with 3GB or 4GB of RAM. Depending on the country, it is available in both Single SIM and Dual SIM variants. It runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box. For extended security, it comes with a fingerprint scanner which is embedded into the menu button.
In the camera department, 12MP Dual Pixel camera at the rear has an aperture of f/1.7 and supports PDAF, Laser Autofocus for better low light performance. It can also capture 4K videos at 30fps and 720p slow-motion videos at 120fps. At the front, it has a 5MP selfie shooter made up of a wide-angle lens and can also record 1080p videos. Both front and rear cameras are equipped with a Dual LED CCT flash. The 3000mAh battery supports Turbo charging and can provide up to 8 hours of usage in just 15 minutes of charge (50% charge in 30 minutes). Similar to the previous generation Moto Z, it also has Moto Mod connectors at the rear bottom side lets you connect various Moto Mods.
Moto Z2 Play comes in two variants – 3GB and 4GB RAM with three colors to choose from – Lunar Gray, Fine Gold, and Nimbus Blue. It will be available in Brazil today starting at R$ 1,999 and will roll out globally starting this month. In the U.S., it will be available exclusively on Verizon and will be available on Motorola.com later this summer for $499 (₹ 32,300). Color and RAM are varied by country and channel. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for latest updates.
Moto Z2 Play Specifications
- 5.5″ Super AMOLED Display, 1920 x 1080 Pixels, 401 ppi
- Gorilla Glass, Water-repellent Nano Coating
- Fingerprint Scanner with One Button Nav
- 2.2GHz Snapdragon 626 Processor, Octa-core
- 3GB/4GB LPDDR3 RAM, Adreno 506 GPU
- 32GB/64GB Storage, microSD Support up to 2TB
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- 12MP Dual Pixel Rear Camera, f/1.7, Laser Autofocus, Dual LED CCT Flash
- 5MP Front Camera, f/2.2, Wide-angle Lens, Selfie Flash, 1080p Recording
- Video Recording (Rear) – 4K, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- 3000mAh Battery, Turbo Charging
- Single Nano SIM or Dual SIM
- Supports All Major Network Bands
- Bluetooth 4.2 LE, Dual Band WiFi a/b/g/n, GPS
- FM Radio, Moto Mods Connector
- USB 3.1 Type-C, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Triple Microphones, Front Ported Loud Speaker
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Proximity, Ultrasonic
- Dimensions (HxWxT) – 76.2 x 156.2 x 5.99 mm
- Weight – 145g
- Colors – Lunar Gray, Fine Gold, Nimbus Blue
Along with the Moto Z2 Play, Motorola has also introduced new Moto Modes namely Moto TurboPower Pack, Moto Style Shell with Wireless Charging, JBL SoundBoost 2 and Moto GamePad.
The new SoundBoost 2 features a more premium design with fabric and provides about 10 hours of music playtime. Apart from this, it has a water-repellant coating and comes with a dedicated app called My JBL My JBL SoundBoost 2 to adjust the sound. The Moto TurboPower Pack has a built-in 15W fast charging and charges up to 50% in just 20 minutes. Moto StyleShells supports wireless charging up to 10W and comes in a variety of finishes to fit your style.
The Moto GamePad comes with dual control sticks, D-pad and four action buttons for a true gaming experience. It also has a 1035mAh battery for playing games for a longer time. The new Moto Mods will be available globally this summer, with Moto TurboPower Pack, JBL SoundBoost 2, Moto GamePad starting at $79.99 (₹ 5,200), and Moto Style Shell with Wireless Charging at $39.99 (₹ 2,600).