Moto X4 was first introduced in September 2017 at IFA 2017 and later the company has also introduced Android One version of Moto X4 in the U.S exclusively on Google Project Fi. Today, the Moto X4 is officially launched in India. Although the expected variant was Android One, the device launched is the Standard variant. The Indian variant of Moto X4 comes with Dual SIM support, 3GBRAM with 32GB storage or 4GB with 64GB Storage. Out of the box, Moto X4 runs on near Stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Moto enhancements such as Moto display, Moto voice, Moto actions, Moto guard etc. Motorola has also promised Android Oreo update in the coming weeks. The fingerprint scanner is embedded into the menu button and supports One-button nav for easier navigation.
The Moto X4 has a 3D rear contoured design with an anodized aluminum frame and Gorilla Glass protection on both the front & rear side. It has a 5.2″ Full HD display and driven by the octa-core Snapdragon 630 CPU with turbo powered 3000mAh battery which gives you about six hours of power in just 15 minutes of charge. This device is also capable of connecting up to four Bluetooth devices at the same time. Means, you can connect up to four Bluetooth speakers at the same time. Furthermore, Moto Key feature allows you to access your favorite password-secured websites on your phone or laptop with a simple touch of your finger. It also comes with the Amazon Alexa integration. Other key features are VoLTE support, Dual-band WiFi AC, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, and a USB Type-C port.
The major highlight of Moto X4 is the dual camera setup that includes a 12MP and 8MP rear cameras. The camera is powered by the Dual Autofocus Pixel technology lets you focus on the object even in the low light conditions. Another important highlight of the camera is the Landmark Detection. If you point the lens at an object and it will automatically ask if you want to learn more about what you’re seeing. Also, it can even scan a business card and quickly add the info to your contacts. At the front, you will get 16MP snapper with an adaptive low light mode and selfie flash. The front camera has face filters feature where you can add a layer of animations to your photos or videos.
Moto X4 is offered in two hues – Super Black & Sterling Blue and will be available to buy exclusively via Flipkart starting 13th November 2017 at 11.59PM. The 3GB/32GB variant priced at ₹20,999 and the 4GB/64GB variant at ₹22,999. You can also buy this smartphone through Moto Hub stores.
Moto X4 India ( XT1900-2) Full Specifications
- 5.2″ IPS Display, 1920×1080 Pixels, 424 PPI
- Fingerprint Scanner, Gorilla Glass
- IP68 Water Resistant
- 2.2GHz Snapdragon 630 Processor, Octa-core
- 3GB/4GB RAM, Adreno 508 GPU
- 32GB/64GB Storage, microSD Support up to 2TB
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Dual Rear Cameras, 12MP f/2.0 Dual Autofocus Pixel + 8MP f/2.2 Ultra-wide Angle Lens with 120° Field of View, PDAF, Dual LED Flash
- 16MP Front Camera, f/2.0, Selfie Flash, Beautification
- 3000mAh Battery, 15W Turbo Charging
- Hybrid Dual SIM, Nano+Nano/microSD
- Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz)
- GPS, GLONASS, NFC, Front Ported Speaker
- USB Type-C Port, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors – Gravity, Proximity, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Magnetometer, Gyro
- Dimensions – 148.35 x 73.4 x 7.99 mm
- Weight – 163g
- Colors – Super Black, Sterling Blue
- In the Box – Handset, Adapter, USB Type-C Cable, Headset, Manuals