At IFA 2018, Huawei Consumer Business Group announces its next major update to the Android-based operating system EMUI 9.0 based on Google’s latest Android Pie. The EMUI 9.0 is currently in the beta stage and is now open for registration. Additional features will be launched together with the upcoming Huawei Mate 20 Series.
EMUI 9.0 Key Features
- Consolidated many of the settings to minimize the number of steps
- 12.9% faster app launch speeds
- New password vault – Securely store the encrypted password with face or fingerprint
- GPU Turbo 2.0 – Better touchscreen responsiveness, Network connectivity improvement, Uninterrupted gaming mode
- HiVision – Camera app recognizes major landmarks and famous paintings and provide users with information using its augmented reality capabilities
- Digital Balance dashboard – Tracks device usage metrics and allows users to set a usage quota for each app
Compatible devices for EMUI 9.0 beta testing
How to Join the EMUI 9.0 Beta Program?
- Go to Huawei’s official Friendly User Test page
- Download the Huawei Beta app
- Transfer the downloaded the app to your smartphone
- Install the transferred app
- Accept the terms & conditions, and sign up for an account. If you already have the account, proceed to Sign-in
- Open the app and select Personal -> Join Project-> Available Project
- Select the EMUI 9 Beta program
- Click on Sign up to receive the EMUI 9.0 Beta update on your smartphone
Note: It’s always risky to install the Beta software on the primary phone due to stability issues. So we don’t recommend you to install it on your primary device. The Huawei EMUI 9.0 is available for limited European Huawei device users. More details are awaited.