Taiwan smartphone maker HTC today launched company’s latest flagship smartphone HTC U Ultra at $ 749. In terms of design, it has a curved glass back with the metallic frame on the sides and molded glass around the sides & edges. This device also features a secondary 2.05″ display (Similar to LGV 20) for displaying notifications and to provide quick access to your top contacts, app shortcuts, event notifications etc.
HTC U Ultra flaunts a 5.7″ Quad HD Display with a resolution 2560 x 1440 pixels and pixel density of 514 ppi. Under the hood, it is powered by powerful Snapdragon 821 processor clocked at 2.15GHz with Adreno 530 GPU paired with 4GB of RAM. It’s a Hybrid Dual SIM device comes with the internal storage of 64GB and also supports microSD up to 2TB. The 3000mAh battery is non-removable and supports Quick charge 3.0. Other specifications include Fingerprint Scanner, Dual Band WiFi AC, Bluetooth, GPS, and Android 7.0 Nougat.
The rear camera has 12MP Ultra Pixel sensor with PDAF, OIS, Laser-focus, and Dual-tone LED Flash. Furthermore, It also supports 4K video recording along with Slow Motion and Ultra motion. The front camera has a 16MP sensor with an aperture of f/2.0 and supports full HD video recording.
HTC U Ultra is offered in Blue, Black, White, and Pink colors and priced at $ 749. You can pre-order this device from HTC.com starting today. Shipping begins in US and other markets from March and Taiwan will get later in January. Sapphire Glass Edition with 128GB Storage will be available sometime later.
HTC U Ultra Quick Highlights
- HTC Sense Companion to provide suggestions based on things you do
- Built-in voice recognition and Always on voice commands
- HTC USonic automatically analyzes and adapts the sound profile to suit the user
- High-sensitivity 4 omnidirectional mics to record sound in 360 degrees
- Sensor Hub for activity tracking
- Gesture controls and Motion launch
- Hi-Res Audio stereo recording
HTC U Ultra Specifications
- 5.7″ Quad HD Display, 2560 x 1440 Pixels, 514 ppi
- Gorilla Glass 5 with Curve Edge, Fingerprint Scanner
- Secondary Display – 2.05″, 160 x 1040 Pixels
- 2.15GHz Snapdragon 821 Processor, Quad-core, 64 Bit
- 4GB RAM, Adreno 530 GPU
- 64GB Primary Storage, microSD Support up to 2 TB
- Android 7.0 Nougat with HTC Sense, HTC Sense Companion
- 12MP Ultra Pixel Rear Camera, f/1.8, Dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, Laser Focus, OIS
- 16MP Front Camera, f/2.0, 1080p Recording, Voice Selfies
- Video Recording – 4K with 3D Audio, Slow Motion 720p @ 120fps, Hyperlapse
- 3000mAh Battery, Quick Charge 3.0, Extreme Power Saving Mode
- Hybrid Dual SIM, Nano + Nano/microSD
- 2G / 3G / 4G LTE, TDD Band 40, VoLTE
- Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC, GPS
- 4 Microphones with 3D Audio Recording
- HTC Usonic, HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi Edition
- USB 3.1 Type-C, Capacitive Keys, Display Port
- Sensors – Ambient Light, Proximity, Motion G, Compass, Gyro, Magnetic, Sensor Hub
- Dimensions – 162.41 x 79.79 x 7.99 mm
- Weight – 170g
- Colors – White, Blue, Black and Pink
- Price – $ 749
- In the Box – Handset, USonic Earphones, Rapid Charger 3 with USB Type‑C Cable, Clear Case Quick Start Guide
Update (21/2/2017): HTC U Ultra Launched in India. It is available in Black Oil and Indigo Blue color options starting Feb 22.