Honor 7X, a budget dual-camera smartphone from Huawei’s e-brand Honor was first introduced in India in December 2017 and later the company had also introduced limited edition Honor 7X Red in February 2018. Now, Honor announced the 100% roll out of EMUI 8.0 with Android 8.0 Oreo update to Honor 7X. The update size is about 2.49 GB. For better results, download the update using WiFi and make sure the battery is more than 50%. If you haven’t received the update yet, Go to -> Settings ->About Phone -> System Update – Check for Updates.
Honor 7X EMUI 8.0 with Android Oreo Highlights
- Gaming Mode – Automatical gaming optimization and uninterrupted gaming
- Power saving mode
- Ride mode – In this mode, Caller will be notified that the user is currently riding, and cannot answer calls
- Smart mode – Optimises phone depending on the current usage and balance the power consumption & performance
- Lock navigation keys – Lock the off-screen navigation keys to avoid accidental presses
- PayTM integration – Users will now be able to access the PayTM payment page by assigning a unique fingerprint for PayTM which redirects the user directly to the payment page
- One-hand operation navigation dock
- Pinned shortcuts
- Customized themes
- Simplified settings
- Intelligent split-screen
- One-step shortcut to launch an application
- Dynamic wallpapers etc.
Commenting on the rollout, P Sanjeev, Vice President, Sales, Huawei Consumer Business Group said, “Honor has been leading the market through consumer-centric innovation, and is committed towards the betterment of smartphone experience. The upgraded EMUI 8.0 is avant-garde technological software which is efficient, secure and above all user friendly. Enabling the user to reach 90% of the core functions in just 3 clicks, EMUI 8.0 is for those who live and work on-the-go. Honor 7X has been one of our best-selling smartphones with best in class features and hardware, and now with EMUI 8.0, it will emerge as the ultimate value proposition for Indian consumers.”