Google has launched a new digital payment app in India called Tez. It works on UPI (Unified Payment Interface) just like BHIM which was launched in December 2016 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. You can send money to friends or pay at restaurants, shopping malls and also instantly receive payments directly to your bank account. Google Tez works with your existing bank account and there’s no need to open a separate account or any wallets. Another unique feature of Tez is Cash Mode. This mode allows you to instantly send or receive payments to anyone nearby without needing to share private details like your bank account or phone number.
This app is also protected by Google’s multi-layered security called Tez Shield to help detect fraud, prevent hacking, and verify your identity. Each transaction is secured with your UPI PIN and the Tez app is secured with a Google PIN or your screen lock methods such as fingerprint or Pattern lock. Tez comes with language support for English, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, and Telugu. To use Tez, you must be in India, have an Indian bank account and an Indian mobile number. You can make a
Tez for Business
For Business owners and shop owners, Google has also announced a special program called Tez for Business. Shop or business owners can use the Tez app with their individual current account to start accepting digital payments and all the Payment goes directly to bank account without any fees up to ₹50,000. After ₹50,000, the bank may charge fees or impose additional requirements. Find more info here.
Google Tez App Highlights
- Compatible with all banks in India that support UPI
- Instant fund transfer directly to your bank account
- Check account balance and Change/Reset UPI PIN
- Multi-layered security and 24/7 protection by Tez Shield
- Cash Mode – Send or receive payments to anyone nearby without sharing personal details like phone number, UPI ID etc
- App is secured with a Google PIN or fingerprint
- Multiple language support
- Fund transfer using Bank account number and IFSC code
- Send money using QR code
- Pay through debit and credit cards (Upcoming)
- Pay and set reminders for recurring bills such as DTH (Upcoming)
Furthermore, Google has also introduced a slew of offers that includes Tez Rewards, Tez Lucky Sunday, and Tez Referrals. Find terms and conditions here.
- Tez Rewards – When you send money or receive money from another person using Tez, you can earn up to 10 rewards per week to receive cash prizes. To earn all 10 rewards, you’ll need to make transactions of ₹50 or more with 10 different people who use Tez.
- Tez Lucky Sundays – You can win a one-time prize of 1 lakh for participating in Tez Lucky Sundays.
- Tez Referrals – Download Tez, make your first payment and get ₹51.