Canon launches the EOS R6 Mark II, and RF135mm f/1.8L IS USM in India. It is the successor of the popular EOS R6, the EOS R6 Mark II comes with a host of redefined professional video production features and revved-up still shooting features, including 6K 60p RAW video external recording, Canon Log 3, High Frame Rate Full HD 180p recording, focus breathing correction and many more.
The Canon EOS R6 Mark II offers up to 40 fps with AF/AE tracking, the fastest continuous shooting speed in the EOS camera system. It can also record 6K RAW externally via HDMI, with Full HD proxy data simultaneously recorded to one of the two SD card slots for easy editing. Internally, it is capable of high-quality 4K 60p video oversampled from 6K, and High Frame Rate video up to Full HD 180p, in addition to Canon Log 3 and HDR PQ video. With improved heat management, the camera now supports unlimited continuous recording of 4K at 30 fps.
The EOS R6 Mark II is also the first Canon EOS camera to support focus breathing correction, which reduces unwanted changes in the angle of view during focus transitions. This complements existing features such as AF speed adjustment, providing greater control over focus transitions which is crucial for expression. In addition to the existing zebra display, the EOS R6 Mark II is equipped with the false color function widely used in the Cinema EOS system, making it easier to adjust exposure even in tricky conditions.
EOS R6 Mark II Key Features
- Newly developed 24.2-megapixel full-frame image sensor with enhanced sharpness processing and native ISO speed is up to 102,400.
- Pre-recording for movies: A staple feature on Cinema EOS cameras, this allows users to capture moments that occur up to 5 seconds before the record button is pressed, reducing the need to “record on standby”.
- Hybrid Auto Mode: This records a video 2-4 seconds before shutter release during still image shooting and automatically compiles them into a digest movie.
- Supports UVC (USB Video Class) and UAC (USB Audio Class) protocols, enabling high-quality Full HD 30p video and audio to be delivered to a Windows/Mac OS computer in real time, making it ideal for live streams, remote meetings, and computer-based video recording.
- 40 fps continuous shooting capabilities in electronic shutter mode: The Conon EOS R6 Mark II is the first EOS camera to go beyond 30 fps in AF/AE-tracked continuous still shooting capabilities. Mechanical shutter continuous shooting is up to 12 fps with AF/AE tracking.
- Auto subject detection mode- Automatically detect more than one type of subject within the same frame.
- AI Focus AF mode: Automatically detects subject motion and switches between One-Shot AF and Servo AF modes, allowing better response to subjects with changing states of motion.
- Digital teleconverter: Increases the focal length by 2x or 4x with the touch of a button, allowing quick response to unexpected telephoto shooting moments without the need to change lenses.
- In-Body IS and HDR PQ HEIF recording.
- Moving subject priority” HDR mode that helps to overcome the difficulty of creating HDR merges of moving subjects by achieving the same effect with just one shot.
- Supports both 5GHz and 2.4GHz wireless connections.
- Supports Camera Connect app – Automatic data transfer and shutter release are now possible via a wired USB connection. Data transfer to FTP servers is also supported via wired and wireless methods.
- Dual SD card slots for extra reliability.
- Dust and drip-resistant construction.
- Can shoot up to 760 shots on a single charge using the LP-E6NH battery.
In case you missed it: Qubo Dashcam Pro Review: An Excellent Made-in-India Dashcam
Canon RF135mm f/1.8L IS USM Lens
Canon’s first professional 135mm prime lens for the RF mount is currently the only 135mm lens in the market equipped with built-in optical image stabilization with up to 5.5 stops. Combined with a compatible camera, it can achieve up to 8 stops of image stabilization via Coordinated Control IS. It weighs about 935 grams. Some of the key features are:
- Larger f/1.8 aperture – Improved subject-background separation and faster shutter speeds.
- AF is driven by the fast and smooth Nano USM.
- Supports focus breathing correction.
- Customizable lens function buttons on the lens body – Set various AF exposure settings.
- Professional-grade optical, imaging, and build quality.
- Highly durable body, dust- and drip-resistant construction.
- High vibration shock resistance.
- Fluorine coating for improved reliability even under harsh shooting conditions.
EOS R6 Mark II India Pricing
|EOS R6 Mark II Body
|EOS R6 Mark II + RF24-105mm f/4L IS USM
|EOS R6 Mark II + RF24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM
|RF135mm f/1.8L IS USM
Canon EOS R6 Mark II Full Specifications
|EOS R6 Mark II
|Full Frame CMOS Camera
Max approx. 24.2 Megapixels
|384 zone (24 × 16) Metering
using Image Sensor Output Signals
|Spot AF, 1-point AF
Expand AF area
Flexible Zone AF 1 / 2 / 3
Whole area AF
|In-body 5-axis Sensor-shift Image Stabilisation
Up to 8.0 Stops Effectiveness
Movie Digital IS
|Stills: 100–102,400 (L:50 / H:204,800)
Movie: 100–25,600 (H:204800)
Canon Log movies: ISO 800–25,600
HDR PQ movies: ISO 100–25,600
Electronic 1st Curtain: Up to 12 fps
Electronic Shutter: Up to 40 fps
|Max Shutter Speed
|1/16,000 sec. (Electronic Shutter)
|1.3cm (0.5 type) OLED,
Approx. 3690,000 dots
59.94/119.88 fps Refresh Rate
|4K UHD / 4K UHD Crop / 59.94 fps
Full HD 179.82 fps
|HDMI RAW Out
|ProRes RAW 6K (6000 x 3374) 59.94 fps
ProRes RAW 3.7K (3744 x 2106) 59.94 fps
|Approx. 6 Hours (Normal movie)
Approx 1 Hour (High Frame Rate movie 180p)
|Dual Card Slots (SD, SDHC, SDXC)
UHS-II Cards Compatible
|LP-E6NH / LP-E6N / LP-E6
|Charging via USB Power Adapter PD-E1
AC Power (AC-E6N and DC Coupler DR-E6)
|Approx. 138.4 × 98.4 × 88.4 mm
|Approx. 670 g (incl. battery and memory cards)
|Wi-Fi / Bluetooth Low Energy Technology
Canon RF135mm f/1.8L IS USM Specifications
|RF135mm f/1.8L IS USM
|Minimum Focusing Distance
|17 elements in 12 groups
|Filter Size Diameter
|IS (CIPA Standard Correction Effect)
|Yes (up to 5.5 stops)
|Yes (up to 8.0 stops)
|Maximum Diameter and Length
|Approx. 89.2mm x 130.3mm