Vivo announces NEX 3 series smartphone at a launch event held in Shanghai, China. The Vivo NEX 3 comes in two versions – 4G and 5G. Both variants come with the same set of specifications except the network support. According to Vivo, the NEX 3 5G includes Vivo’s upgraded 5G-6 antenna design for enhanced signal and provides top computing performance, smooth multitasking capabilities, ultra-high download speeds over 1Gbps, ultra-low latency and robust network reliability. It also supports dual WLAN Acceleration technology wherein the user can use two Wi-Fi signal networks at the same time to boost the network speed.
The Vivo NEX 3 sports a custom-made 6.89-inch POLED Waterfall FullView Super AMOLED display and has a nearly bezel-less design with a screen-to-body ratio of 99.6%. Vivo calls it a ‘Dual curved borderless design’ wherein the screen extends along two sides to provide users with broader views and a more immersive visual experience. The display is also equipped with E3 luminescent materials to achieve multilevel display brightness from 1.9 to 800 nits – reducing harmful blue light and reducing power consumption. Another key highlight of Vivo NEX 3 is the high-capacity 4,500mAh battery that supports 44W Super FlashCharge and also C-DRX power-saving technologies.
Under the hood, the Vivo NEX 3 is powered by the Qualcomm’s top-of-the-line Snapdragon 855 Plus Processor and depending on the variant, available in multiple configurations – 8GB/128GB, 8GB/256GB, 12GB/256GB. In terms of camera, the NEX 3 includes a triple camera setup on the rear that sits on a round panel with a 64MP main camera, 13MP wide-angle camera, and a 13MP telescopic camera. The front camera has a 16MP pop-up camera powered by a purpose-fit motor and a customized gearbox for a smooth elevation. Check out the key features below.
Vivo NEX 3 Features
- Customised POLED Waterfall FullView display – More than 200 million invested in R&D
- Multi-scenario ambient light on the curved screen’s edge – Recognizes Music rhythm, Notification reminders for Calls, SMS, etc.
- Specially designed Screen Protector (Pre-applied)
- Supports HDR10, 100% P3 wide color gamut, Low-brightness anti-flicker
- Touch-controlled unibody design – No Physical buttons
- PluX-axis Haptic Vibration motor with Touch Sense – Respond with haptic feedback just like physical buttons
- Latest 64MP Samsung ISOCELL GW1 Primary camera
- Portrait Master’s Hyper-HDR of up to 7.65eV – Increases dynamic range accuracy
Pro Mode photos
- AK4377A independent audio chip for an immersive Audio experience
- Vapor Chamber cooling system
- Upgraded Vivo’s AI assistant Jovi based on the vivo Computation Acceleration Platform
- Upgraded Jovi applications – Jovi Smart Scene, AI Video Editor, Jovi Image Recognizer
- NFC for wireless payments
Vivo NEX 3 Full Specifications
The Vivo NEX 3 comes in two colors – Black and White and will go on sale in China starting 21st September 2019. It will be made available in the coming months in the Asia Pacific, Southeast Asia, and other markets. Check out the pricing below.
|Vivo NEX 3 4G||4998 Yuan|
|Vivo NEX 3 5G||–||5698 Yuan|
Vivo NEX 3 Full Specifications
- 6.89-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED Display,
- 2256 x 1080 Pixels, HDR10 Certified
- In-display Fingerprint Reader
- Snapdragon 855 Plus Mobile Platform, Octa-core, 7nm, Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB RAM with 128GB or 256GB UFS 3.0 Storage, 12GB RAM with 256GB UFS 3.0 Storage
- Android 9 Pie with FuntouchOS 9.1
- Triple Rear Cameras – 64MP f/1.7 Sensor + 13MP f/2.2, 120˚ Wide-angle Lens + 13MP f/2.48 Telephoto, LED Flash
- 16MP Front Camera, f/2.0
- 4500mAh Battery, 44W Fast Charging
- Dual SIM 4G or 5G Support, Dual VoLTE, NFC
- Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz)
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, AK4377A Hi-Fi DAC
- USB Type-C Port, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors – TBA
- Dimensions – 167.44×76.18×9.4mm
- Weight – 217.3g
- In the Box – Handset, USB Type-C Cable, Power Adapter, Headphones, SIM Ejector, Case, Manuals