Vi (Vodafone Idea) today announced the industry-first Self-KYC process in India. Under this new process, buyers can get new prepaid or postpaid SIM cards without visiting the retail store and going through the physical KYC process. Vi’s Self KYC system is based on DoT-mandated guidelines and enables customers to access a new connection anytime from anywhere with the added advantage of SIM delivery at the doorstep.
Users of Vi Self-KYC can buy a Vi Prepaid or Postpaid SIM card from the comfort of their home, order a new SIM online, select their desired plan, and do self-KYC to receive the SIM at home. The Vi Self-KYC service has already been rolled out for all postpaid customers in Kolkata and Karnataka service areas, and it will be gradually rolled out at the pan-India level for both prepaid and postpaid customers in the coming days.
Vi Self-KYC Steps
- Visit the Vi website and select the desired plan.
- Select a number of your choice.
- Place your order, through OTP authentication on your alternate mobile number.
- Follow simple steps on Self-KYC, which includes Aadhaar authentication on the UIDAI site.
- Capture a live photo and live video of a minimum of 10 seconds to complete the digital verification process.
- Place the order. SIM cards will be provided free of cost.
- You will receive a SIM card at the doorstep, post successful OTP authentication.
“We have always gone the extra mile to bring innovative products and offer convenience to our customers helping them to get more and do more with Vi. Our Self-KYC solution is a Digital India initiative – one of many firsts that Vi has been bringing to simplify, enhance and enliven the lives of our valued customers,” said Abhijit Kishore, COO, Vodafone Idea Limited.