Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is the flagship Note series smartphone from Samsung, sports a massive 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Display with a resolution of 2960 x 1440 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon or Exynos Octa-core processor mated with 6GB of RAM and 3300mAh battery. For faster multi tasking Samsung has introduced a new app called App Pair lets you create a custom pair of apps on the edge panel and simultaneously launch two apps. Furthermore, another useful feature Screen Off Memo allows you to write on the screen without turning on the screen. Similar to Galaxy S8, it also features a dedicated Bixby button and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Galaxy Note 8 is the first Dual camera smartphone from Samsung, comes with 12MP Telephoto and 12MP Wide-angle camera at the rear side. It is also the first smartphone with two 12MP rear cameras with Optical Image Stabilization on both lenses. Other notable features of the camera are Live Focus and Dual Capture. Live Focus lets you control the depth of field by allowing you to adjust the bokeh effect in preview mode and after you take the photo. In Dual Capture mode, both rear cameras capture two pictures simultaneously and allow you to save both images i.e. one close-up shot from the telephoto lens and one wide-angle shot that shows the entire background.
Samsung has also introduced an improved S Pen translate feature lets you hover over text to quickly translate the entire sentences in up to 71 languages, and instantly convert units and foreign currencies. Apart from that, Live Message allows you to share animated texts or drawings across platforms that support animated GIFs. Other key specifications included are WiFi ac, USB Type-C port, 3.5mm audio jack, Android 7.1.1 Nougat, Quick Charge 2.0, 4K video recording, DeX support, Knox security, 8MP front camera and Iris scanner.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 comes in four color options – Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Maple Gold, & Deepsea Blue and will be available starting in mid-September. Colors and specifications may differ by country and carrier.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Specifications
- 6.3″ Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Display, 521ppi
- 2960 x 1440 Pixels, 18.5:9 Aspect Ratio, S Pen
- Edge Screen, Always On Display
- Buttons – On/Off, Volume, Bixby
- Iris Scanner, Fingerprint Scanner, Facial Recognition
- IP68 Dust and Water Resistance
- Snapdragon 835 Octa-core processor with Adreno 540 GPU
- Exynos 8895 Octa-core Processor with Mali-G71 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64/128/256GB Storage, microSD Support up to 256GB
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Dual 12MP Rear Cameras, Dual OIS, f/1.7, LED Flash, 2X Optical Zoom
- 8MP Front Camera, Autofocus, f/1.7, 80° FOV, Wide Selfie
- Video Recording (Rear) – 4K,1080p,720p@30fps
- 3300mAh Battery, Quick Charge 2.0, WPA, PMA
- Single Nano SIM or Hybrid Dual Nano SIM
- LTE Cat. 16
- Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz)
- GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, BeiDou, ANT+, NFC
- USB Type-C Port, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro, Geomagnetic, Hall, Heart Rate, Proximity, RGB Light, Iris, Pressure
- Device Dimensions – 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6 mm
- Device Weight – 195g
- S Pen Dimensions – 5.8 x 4.2 x 108.3 mm
- S Pen Weight – 2.8g
- Colors – Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Maple Gold, Deepsea Blue
- In the Box – Device with S Pen, USB Cable, Earphone, Ejection Pin, Adaptor, USB Type-C Connector, Micro USB Connector, Pen Nibs, Tweezer, Case, Manual