Galaxy A9 India Launch (20th November 2018): Almost a month after Global debut, Samsung launches Galaxy A9 in India. It comes in three hues – Caviar Black, Lemonade Blue and Bubblegum Pink and priced at ₹36,990 for 6GB variant & ₹39,990 for 8GB variant. Both variants of Galaxy A9 can be pre-ordered starting 20th November and available to buy across all online and offline channels starting 28th November.
Buyers can also avail cashback of ₹3,000 with HDFC debit or credit cards. The Galaxy A9 6GB variant will be available on the Airtel Online Store at a down payment of ₹3,690 and EMI of ₹2,349 and Galaxy A9 8GB variant will be available at a down payment of ₹4,890 and EMI of ₹2,449. Airtel postpaid plans will come with the EMIs and will have unlimited benefits including data, unlimited voice calling, National roaming and a free subscription to Airtel TV.
Earlier – Global Launch (October 11, 2018): After announcing the Triple camera smartphone Galaxy A7, Samsung now announces the world’s first smartphone with Four Cameras dubbed as Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018). The key highlight of this smartphone is the four camera setup on the rear side positioned vertically along with a LED flash. The setup includes an 8MP Ultra-wide sensor, 10MP Telephoto, 24MP Main sensor, and a 5MP depth sensor.
The Galaxy A9 (2018) sports a notch-less 6.3-inch FullView SuperAMOLED display and powered by the 2.2GHz octa-core processor with a fast charge supported 3,800mAh battery. Apart from the four cameras on the back, this device also includes a high-resolution 24MP camera on the front that supports Portrait mode. Galaxy A9 comes in two configuration – 6GB RAM and 8GB RAM with 128GB storage on boards. There is also a Dedicated MicroSD slot lets you extend the storage up to 512 GB.
Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 Features
- Back glass panel with 3D effect
- Dual tone, reflective gradient design
- Face Unlock
- 2X Optical Zoom
- Depth sensor – Manually manage the photos depth of field and focus
- Scene Optimizer with AI Scene Recognition
- Multifunction Fingerprint scanner – Quickly log in to sites and applications
- 19 Image Optimisation modes – Food, Night, Portrait, Flowers, Interior, Text, Birds, Animals, Trees, Sand Dawn, Landscape, Greens, Coast, Street, Waterfall, Snow
- Samsung Pay, Samsung Health
- Bixby Voice
- Samsung Knox to keep your device secure
- App Pair – Launch two apps at once on a split screen
The Galaxy A9 (2018) is offered in three eye-popping shades – Caviar Black, Lemonade Blue & Bubblegum Pink and will go on sale in key markets starting November 2018. Price starts at £549 (Approx. ₹47,000).
Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 Specs
- 6.3-inch SuperAMOLED Infinity Display, 2220×1080 Pixels
- 19:9 Aspect Ratio, Fingerprint Scanner
- 2.2GHz Octa-core Processor
- 6GB RAM with 128GB Storage, 8GB RAM with 256GB Storage
- Dedicated MicroSD Slot (Upto 512GB)
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- Four Rear Cameras, (8MP Ultra-wide, ƒ/2.0, 120° + 10MP ƒ/2.4, 2X Optical Zoom + 24MP Primary, f/1.47 + 5MP Depth, f/2.2), LED Flash
- 24MP Front Camera, ƒ/2.0
- 3,800mAh Battery, Fast Charging
- Dual SIM, 3CA, LTE Cat.9
- Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz)
- GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, NFC
- Micro USB Type-B Port, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro, Geomagnetic, Hall, RGB Light
- Dimensions – 162.5 x 77 x 7.8 mm
- Weight – 183g
- In the Box – Handset, Adapter, Headset, USB Cable, SIM Ejector, Manuals