Update – 18th July 2019: Almost three months after a Global debut, Samsung launches its Sliding & Rotating Camera smartphone Galaxy A80 India at ₹47,990. It comes in three colors- Ghost White, Phantom Black & Angel Gold and will be available for pre-book from 22nd July to 31st July 2019. Buyers who pre-book can avail one-time screen replacement and also 5% cashback on Citibank credit cards. The Galaxy A80 will go on sale starting 1st August 2019 via Samsung e-Shop, Samsung Opera House, Online channels and also through retail stores across India.
Earlier:11th April 2019 – Global Launch: Samsung launches Galaxy A80, a smartphone with a unique Sliding & Rotating camera at an event held in Thailand. It comes with a new 6.7-inch Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display with an aspect ratio of 20:9 and powered by the Snapdragon 730G Mobile Platform with 3,700mAH battery that supports 25W Fast Charging. It offers 8GB RAM, 128GB internal storage and boots on Android 9.0 Pie with Samsung One UI.
The key highlight of the Galaxy A80 is the Rotating triple camera setup. When users select the camera app, the three cameras automatically pop-up from the back of the phone and also rotates when the selfie mode is selected. The rotating camera setup includes a primary 48MP f/2.0 primary sensor, an Ultra-wide 8MP sensor, and a 3D Depth sensor. Check out the key features below.
Galaxy A80 Key Features
- 3D Glass body with a metal frame
- Dolby Atmos for the 360-degree audience experience
- Intelligent battery – Learns your daily routine and app usage patterns to optimize the phone’s power consumption
- 3D Depth camera – Offers Live Focus videos by scanning objects for measurement and depth
- Super Steady video mode for shake-free videos
- Scene Optimizer – Recognize and enhance up to 30 scenes
- Flaw Detection – Automatically identifies glitches before you click
- Adaptive Power Saving Mode
- Bixby Routines – Automates everyday tasks and apps based on your routine
- Samsung Knox – Defense-grade security for device protection
- Dedicated Bixby button for one-touch access
- Samsung Health, Samsung Pay
The Samsung Galaxy A80 comes in three colors – Angel Gold, Ghost White, and Phantom Black and expected to go on sale in several countries including India in May 2019. There is no official wording about the pricing.
Samsung Galaxy A80 Specifications
- 6.7-inch Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED Display
- 2400 x 1080 Pixels, 20:9 Aspect Ratio
- Snapdragon 730G Mobile Platform, Octa-core, Adreno 618 GPU
- In-display Fingerprint Scanner, Dedicated Bixby Button
- 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage, No Expandable Storage
- Android 9.0 Pie with Samsung One UI
- 3,700mAH battery, 25W Charging
- Rotating Triple Camera Setup, (48MP f/2.0 + 8MP, 123° Wide-angle, f/2.2 + 3D Depth Sensor), LED flash
- 2G/3G/4G, Dual SIM, Dual VoLTE
- Bluetooth 5.0, WI-Fi b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- USB Type-C Port, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions – 165.2 x 76.5 x 9.3 mm