OPPO has officially released the global version of ColorOS 13 based on the latest Android 13. It features a brand-new Aquamorphic Design and user-friendly UI backed by OPPO’s latest tech innovations and new features for smart multi-device connections to enhance user productivity. Check out all the features below.
- Inspired by water’s fluidity and boasts of OPPO’s brand-new Aquamorphic Design.
- New theme palette inspired by changing the color of light between sunrise & sunset at sea level.
- Adaptive layouts for different screen sizes and highly-recognizable icons to enhance readability.
- New system font for improved readability of system text in any language.
- Card-styled Layout.
- A new series of Always-On Display (AOD) images called “Homeland” depicts scenes of wild animals in nature. The Always-On Display animations reveal changes in the homes where animals live. These animations are based on daily temperature changes that will help users pay attention to climate change and the earth we live on.
Dynamic Computing Engine
ColorOS 13 is powered by OPPO’s Dynamic Computing Engine which is specially designed to deliver a more smooth and stable user experience. The engine includes two significant improvements to ColorOS 13 – Increased battery life and the ability to keep more apps open in the background.
According to OPPO, the Dynamic Computing Engine improves the scheduling of hardware resources to extend battery life by achieving a better balance between high performance and low power consumption. It also helps to keep more apps alive in the background, making it possible to switch between multiple apps without experiencing lag while switching.
Smart Always-On-Display (AOD)
Displays information related to music and food delivery apps to give users quicker access to information. OPPO has partnered with Bitmoji, Spotify, Swiggy, and Zomato to provide a wide range of convenient and personalized experiences through the Smart Always-On Display. The Always-On-Display on ColorOS 13 uses OPPO’s LTPO 2.0 technology that reduces the Always-On Display refresh rate to 1 hertz to save 30% power consumption in some scenarios.
Meeting Assistant for a smartphone
The meeting assistant automatically prioritizes wireless data packages to provide a more stable connection during online calls. It also simplifies banner notifications to minimize distractions while allowing users to add an OPPO Notes shortcut that helps to take meeting notes in a small pop-up window.
Improved multi-device user experience
Multi-Screen Connect now supports seamless connectivity between OPPO smartphones and OPPO Pad Air, as well as OPPO smartphones and PC with file transfer that supports more file formats without hardware limitations. In addition, users connecting their smartphone to a PC via Multi-Screen Connect will also benefit from being able to display multiple mobile apps simultaneously on the PC screen.
Privacy and security
- System will automatically delete the clipboard history after a short period, preventing sensitive information leaks caused by malware.
- Nearby Wi-Fi feature, users can enjoy Wi-Fi without revealing specific location information.
- Auto Pixelate can automatically recognize and blur out the profile photos and names in chat screenshots with one tap.
- New Private Safe – Encrypted with the widely-used Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) to provide high levels of security.
- Authoritative security and privacy authentication standards include ePrivacy, TRUSTe, ISO27701, and ISO27001.
Also Read: pTron Force X10e Smartwatch Review
Strategic collaboration with Google
OPPO’s flagship Find N foldable smartphone and Find X5 Pro flagship smartphone was announced as two of the first smartphones worldwide to receive the Android 13 Beta update.
ColorOS 13 update schedule and rollout plan
According to OPPO, nearly 35 smartphone models will receive the ColorOS 13 update within the year, covering more than 60 countries and regions and as many as 160 million users. This rollout will begin with the Find X5 Pro and Find X5 starting on 19th August 2022. Check out the complete rollout plan below.
|Reno8 Pro 5G
Find X3 Pro
Reno7 Pro 5G
|Reno6 Pro 5G
Reno5 Pro 5G
F21 Pro 5G
|OPPO Pad Air