OnePlus today officially announced that the upcoming OnePlus Nord 2 5G smartphone is powered by MediaTek’s latest Dimensity 1200 AI chipset. According to OnePlus, It has worked closely with MediaTek to enhance the AI-based features of the Dimensity 1200. The OnePlus Nord 2 5G will integrate various AI-enabled features such as AI-assisted photography for improved photography, display enhancements for better ranking user experience, better response times for & smoother gaming, etc.
There may not be much difference in the architecture of the Density 1200 and Dimensity 1200 AI, but, the Dimensity 1200 AI comes with various Artificial Intelligence (AI) features to enhance the user experience. According to the media release, to highlight the new AI capabilities of the chipset, OnePlus and MediaTek have chosen the name Dimensity 1200-AI to distinguish it from the standard Dimensity 1200.
MediaTek Dimensity 1200 AI features
- AI Photo Enhancement – Capable of recognizing up to 22 different photography scenarios and automatically adjusts the color tones and contrast to ensure photos are optimized for maximum quality even at night and in other low-light environments.
- AI Video Enhancement – Live HDR effects in real time during recording. The AI-customized chipset uses DOL-HDR technology to improve image quality, adjust tuning while live recording, and enhance the color range and color accuracy of videos. This results in better shadow detail, highlight retention and greater dynamic range.
- AI Color Boost technology – Utilizes the context awareness capabilities of AI automatically convert standard dynamic range to high dynamic range.
- AI Resolution Boost – Automatically enhances video resolution to HD resolution on popular social media apps.
- Smart Ambient Display - Utilizes AI to dynamically control the brightness of the screen based on the lighting conditions around users and the content being displayed on the screen, ensuring an intuitive, comfortable viewing experience at all times
- Improved gaming experience – Users will be able to game at high refresh rate with titles like Brawl Stars. Users can also take advantage of the device’s low latency, improved heat management, and efficient power consumption to game for longer.
The OnePlus Nord 2 5G is officially launching in India and Europe on 22nd July 2021. You can also participate in a lucky draw on OnePlus.in and stand a chance to win OnePlus Nord 2 5G. ‘Notify me’ is also on Amazon.in. Stay tuned with us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates.