LG announces Q series with the launch of three new smartphones Q6, Q6+, and Q6α. The Q6α comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage, Q6 with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage and the Q6+ comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage. All three devices will feature a Metallic frame made up of 7000 series aluminum and sports a 5.5″ FHD+ FullVision display with 18:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood is Snapdragon 435 Octa-core processor coupled with 2/3/4GB of RAM.
The LG Q6 packs a 3000mAh battery and boots on the Android 7.1.1 Nougat with LG UX 6.0 on top. In terms of optics, it comes with a 13MP camera at the rear with LED flash and 5MP camera at the front with 100° Wide-angle lens. The camera also supports Square camera mode lets you share your squares or create photo collages using multiple square images. For connectivity, it includes a Micro USB Port, 3.5mm Audio jack, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, and FM Radio. The major drawback of this smartphone is the lack of fingerprint scanner.
The LG Q6 will be available in 4 color options – Astro Black, Ice Platinum, Marine Blue & Terra Gold (Q6 only) and will go on sale in key markets in Asia starting next month to be followed by availability in Europe, Latin America, and North America onward. There is no official information about the pricing.
LG Q6, Q6+, and Q6α Specifications
- 5.5″ FHD+ FullVision Display, 2160 x 1080 Pixels
- 442 ppi, 18:9 Aspect Ratio
- Snapdragon 435 Processor, Octa-core
- 2GB RAM/16GB Storage – Q6α
- 3GB RAM/32GB Storage – Q6
- 4GB RAM/64GB Storage- Q6+
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat with LG UX 6.0
- 13MP Rear Camera, LED Flash
- 5MP Front Camera, 100° Wide-angle Lens
- 3000mAh Battery
- 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- Single SIM / Dual SIM
- Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi b/g/n, GPS
- FM Radio, NFC
- Micro USB 2.0, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Dimensions (HxWxT) – 142.5 x 69.3 x 8.1 mm
- Weight – 149 g