Apple iOS 11 Public Beta is now live. If you have a compatible Apple device then you can easily update your device to iOS 11 Beta using Apple beta software program. As iOS 11 is in beta stage, it will have few bugs and few features, apps, and games may not work properly. We advise you not to install on your primary device.
Compatible iOS 11 Devices
Before you install iOS 11 Beta, Backup your device in iTunes. Follow the below method to backup your device.
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes from here.
- Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes.
- Select Encrypt backup from the home screen and enter the new password. This step is optional. If you don’t need to save your Health and Activity data move to next step. Note: There is no way to recover your iTunes backups without this password. So write down the password and store it somewhere safe.
- Tap on ‘Backup Now‘.
- Wait for the backup to finish. Then go to iTunes > Preferences > Devices.
- If you have a Mac, Control-click the backup that you just made, then choose Archive.
- If you use Windows, go to \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\ MobileSync\Backup\ and copy the backup file to a different location. If you decide to go back to iOS 10 from iOS 11 Beta, you’ll need this archived or copied backup.
Installing Apple iOS 11 Beta
- Open Safari on your iOS device and head to Apple’s Beta Software Program Website. Sign up for a new account or Login if you are already a member. Go to ‘Enroll Your Devices’ and Tap on ‘iOS’.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Download profile’ button.
- After clicking download profile button, Profile installation screen will pop. Tap on ‘Install’ button at the top right.
- Enter the ‘Passcode’ and hit enter.
- Read the Apple consent and Tap ‘Install’ on the top right. Tap on ‘Install’ again from the pop-up.
- After installation, A pop up will ask you to restart your device to apply changes. Tap on ‘Restart’.
- Once your device boots up, Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update. You will see the iOS 11 Public Beta update notification. Tap on ‘Download and install’. Enter the ‘Passcode’ and tap on ‘Agree’. Now iOS 11 Beta will begin downloading. Downloading time depends upon the update size and the internet speed. You will get update complete notification once the installation is done.
This completes the iOS 11 Beta installation. Do let us know in the comments if you need any help.