Garmin today launched its newest fitness band, Garmin Vívosmart 5 in India. It has a rounded band design and features a brighter display that offers 66% more screen space with larger text and an easy-to-use touchscreen and button interface compared to its predecessor. The band is Swim- and shower-proof and can provide up to 7 days battery life.
Garmin Vivosmart 5 supports 24/7 Elevate heart rate monitoring that accurately provides data by sampling heart rate multiple times per second, 24-hours a day. The vívosmart 5 also offers abnormal high and low heart rate alerts. The watch provides advanced sleep with a sleep score which gives users an analysis of both the quantity and quality of their sleep, assigning a score based on time spent in sleep stages, amount of movement, stress levels, and more.
Also read: pTron Force X10e Smartwatch Review
Users can connect to a compatible smartphone’s GPS to accurately track distance, pace, and speed during outdoor walks, runs, and bike rides. The vívosmart 5 also provides Safety and tracking features wherein users need to simply press the button for a few seconds to trigger an assistance alert that sends a text message with the user’s location to designated emergency contacts. Check out all other key features below.
Garmin Vivosmart 5 fitness band features
- Pulse Ox sensor – Check Blood Oxygen level throughout the day
- Advanced sleep with sleep stages
- Body Battery energy monitoring
- All-day stress tracking, Respiration, Hydration tracking
- Women’s health tracking, Connected GPS
- 24/7 Heart Rate with abnormal high and low heart rate alerts
- Interchangeable bands, 5ATM water-resistant
- Compatible with both iOS and Android
- Sync with Garmin Connect – Dedicated app to control the fitness band
- Smart notifications – View text messages, calendar notifications, social media alerts, etc.
- Built-in sports apps – Walking, running, yoga, Pilates, cardio, breathing, strength training, etc.
- Alarm clock, timer, stopwatch, Control smartphone music, find my phone, find my watch
- Personalized morning report – Sleep score, step goals, upcoming appointments, weather information, and a special message on your birthday
- Fitness age – Shows the current fitness age of the user, which is based on the user’s VO2 max, resting heart rate, and body mass index (BMI)
Garmin Vivosmart 5 specifications
- 0.41″ x 0.73″ OLED Display, 88 x 154 Pixels
- Sensors: Garmin Elevate Wrist Heart Rate Monitor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Pulse Ox Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor
- Bluetooth Smart and ANT+
- Up to 7-days of Battery Life
- Dimensions – 19.5 x 10.7 x 255 mm (L)
- Weight – 26.5 g (L)
- Case Material – Polycarbonate
- Strap material – Silicone
- In the Box – Vívosmart 5, Charging Cable, Manuals