At GoogleForIndia event, Google has introduced Google Pay formerly known as Tez. You can use the Google Pay to send money to friends, Pay at restaurants, Pay your utility bills, Recharge your mobile number, and also instantly receive payments directly to your bank account. Using Google Pay, you can also add money to digital wallets such as Paytm, Amazon Pay etc. from your Bank account. If you are a Google Pay user and would like to send money from Google Pay to your Paytm wallet, follow this tutorial.
How to send Money from Google Pay to Paytm?
- In the first step, You should know your Google Pay UPI ID. To find your UPI IP, Open the Google Pay app and make a note of your UPI ID which is mentioned on the Home Screen just below your Name (Ex: YourName@okhdfbank)
- Now, Open Paytm app on your smartphone and select Add Money
- Enter the Amount you want to transfer to your Paytm wallet
- In the Payment window, select BHIM UPI as the payment method
- Enter your Google Pay UPI ID in the VPA field
- Tap on Pay Now
- Once you select Pay Now, You will receive the request notification on the Google Pay app
- Open Google Pay app and select the Request from Paytm
- Tap on Proceed
- Select the Bank or proceed with the default bank. To select the Bank, tap on the Down arrow in front of the default Bank name
- If the location is disabled on your smartphone, You will get a prompt to turn the location On. This helps Google to detect suspicious activity. Turn On the location
- Input your UPI PIN and hit Enter
- If the entered UPI PIN is valid, the amount will be added to your Paytm wallet from your selected bank account
- You will get a confirmation notification on Google Pay app as well as on Paytm app about the status of the transaction
- To check the transaction status on the Google Pay, go to All Transactions tab on the home screen and select the transaction
- If the Status of the transaction is Payment successful means the amount is successfully transferred to your Paytm wallet from your bank account
Please be noted, we are not associated with Google Pay or Paytm. If you have any issue related to transactions, contact Google support by dialing the Google Pay customer care number 1800-419-0157. You can also reach Google support using the Google Pay app itself. Open the app, go to Settings -> Help & Feedback -> Select Chat or Call back. If you have any issues with Paytm, Open the Paytm app and Go to Profile -> Help & Support.