A few days back, Xiaomi had launched its first Android Go Edition smartphone in India at an affordable price tag of ₹4,499. Initially, it was made available in 1GB RAM & 8GB Storage configurations and now, the brand has launched 16GB Storage variant of Redmi Go in India. The Redmi Go 16GB storage variant is priced at ₹4,799 and available in two colors – Black & Blue. It will be available across mi.com, Flipkart and also across Mi Homes starting 27th May 10 am onwards. Buyers can also avail a special Home Credit offer and buy a Redmi Go for just under ₹800 per month across offline stores. Check out the features and full specifications below.
Earlier: 19th March 2019, India Launch – A month after a Global debut, Xiaomi announces its first Android Go Edition smartphone Redmi Go in India. The Hardware specifications of the India variant is same the Global variant. Additionally, the Indian variant comes with 20+ regional languages and supports Google Assistant in Hindi, English & Hinglish. The Redmi Go is offered in two colors – Black & Blue and available via Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home Stores at ₹4,499 starting 22nd March 2019 at 12 PM.
Earlier -31st January 2019, Global Launch – Xiaomi announces its first Android Oreo Go Edition smartphone dubbed as Redmi Go in the Philippines. In terms of design, this smartphone looks almost similar to Redmi 5A which was introduced in October 2016. Apart from the design, the specifications of Redmi Go also almost similar to Redmi 5A except for RAM, Camera and the Android Edition.
The Redmi Go sports a 5-inch HD LCD display with an aspect ratio of 16:9 and fuelled by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 quad-core processor with a 3,000mAh battery. For photography, the Redmi Go has an 8MP rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP front camera. It offers 1GB RAM, 8GB Storage and also includes a dedicated MicroSD slot. It’s a Dual SIM device supports 4G connectivity on both slots and VoLTE to make HD quality voice calls.
Coming to the software, this device runs on Android Oreo Go Edition and comes preloaded with specially optimized apps such as Google Go, Maps Go, Mint Go (Browser), Files Go etc. to save the Phone’s internal storage and also to enhance the
The Xiaomi Redmi Go comes in two colors – Black & Blue and will be available to purchase in the Philippines at ₱ 3,990 (Approx. ₹5,440). It is expected to roll out in other select countries including India in February 2019. Check out all Android Oreo Go Edition smartphones here.
Xiaomi Redmi Go Specifications
- 5-inch LCD Display, 1280×720 Pixels, 296 PPI
- Night Light, Ambient Display
- Brushed Metallic Finish
- 1.4GHz Snapdragon 425 Processor, Quad-core, Adreno 308 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB Internal Storage,
- Dedicated MicroSD Slot (Upto 128GB)
- Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition
- 8MP Rear Camera, f/2.0, HDR, LED Flash, 1080p Recording, 11 Scenes, 7 Real-time Filters
- 5MP Front Camera, f/2.2, Auto HDR, HD Video Calling
- 3,000mAh Battery, 5V/1A Charging
- Dual SIM, Dedicated MicroSD Slot
- 2G/3G/4G, Dual 4G, VoLTE
- Bluetooth 4.1, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Dual Microphones
- Micro USB 2.0 Port, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Dual Mic Noise Reduction, Dual Pyrolytic Graphite Sheet
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light
- Dimensions – 140.4 x 70.1 x 8.35 mm
- Weight – 137g
- Colors – Black, Blue
- In the Box – Handset, USB Cable, Adapter, SIM Ejector Pin, Manuals
Comparisons – Redmi Go v/s Redmi 5A
|Redmi Go||Redmi 5A|
|Display||5-inch HD||5-inch HD|
|Processor||Snapdragon 425||Snapdragon 425|
|No. of Cores||Quad-core||Quad-core|
|OS||Android Go Edition||MIUI with Android|
|SIM Tray||Dual SIM||Dual SIM|
|Dimensions||140.4×70.1×8.35 mm||140.4×70.1×8.35 mm|