Along with the Mi A2, Xiaomi has also announced Mi A2 Lite, a mid-range smartphone with Display Notch. Same as Mi A1, it also boots on the Android 8.1 Oreo with Android One and also receives the Android P update in the future. It sports a slightly smaller a 5.84-inch Full HD+ display with an aspect ratio of 19:9 and powered by the Snapdragon 625 Mobile Platform with a huge 4,000mAh battery that can Play music for up to 34 hours or call up 19.5 hours on a single charge. It is available in two configurations – 3GB RAM with 32GB storage and 4GB RAM with 64GB storage. There is also a dedicated microSD slot lets you expand the device storage up to 256GB.
In the camera department, the Mi A2 Lite has a dual camera setup on the rear side with the primary 12MP sensor and a 5MP secondary sensor. The front camera has a 5MP sensor with 67.9° Wide-angle lens but lacks a LED flash. The camera also supports various modes such as AI Portrait mode, Depth mode, Beautify 4.0 etc. For connectivity, it includes Dual-band WiFi ac, Bluetooth, GPS, IR Blaster and a Micro USB Port.
The Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is sold in three hues – Black, Gold, & Lake Blue and available to buy in Select countries starting August 2018. The 3GB/32GB variant priced at 179 Euros (Approx. ₹14,400), and the 4GB/64GB at 229 Euros (Approx. ₹18,500). Rollout begins starting France on 27th July followed by Italy on 8th August, Spain on 10th August with other countries to follow in the coming months.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Full Specifications
- 5.84-inch Display, 2280×1080 Pixels, 432 PPI
- 18:9 Aspect Ratio, Display Notch
- Fingerprint Scanner, Gorilla Glass
- Snapdragon 625 Mobile Platform, Octa-core, 14nm
- 3GB/4GB RAM, Adreno 506 GPU
- 32GB/64GB Storage, MicroSD up to 256GB
- Android 8.1 Oreo with Android One
- Dual Rear Camera, 12MP + 5MP, f/2.2, Large 1.25μm Pixels, Single LED Flash, PDAF
- 5MP Front Camera, ƒ/2.0, 67.9° Wide-angle lens
- Video Recording (Front/Rear) – 1080p, 720p@30fps
- 4,000mAh Battery
- Dual Nano SIM, Dedicated MicroSD Slot
- 2G/3G/4G, VoLTE
- Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz)
- Micro USB 2.0 Port, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors – Infrared, Proximity, Gyro, Accelerometer, Ambient Light
- Dimensions – 149.33 x 71.68 x 8.75 mm
- Weight – 178g
- Colors – Black, Gold, Lake Blue
- In the Box – Handset, Case, Adapter, USB Cable, SIM Ejector, Manual