Update (26th October 2018): Xiaomi Mi A2 (6GB RAM / 128GB Storage) variant launched in India at an introductory price of ₹17,999. Apart from the RAM and Storage all other specifications remain same as the regular 4GB RAM variant. The 6GB RAM variant of Mi A2 will go on sale via Amazon.in and also through Mi.com starting 26th October 2018 at 12 PM.
What a time to release something that Mi fans have been waiting for! Mi A2 6GB+128GB goes on sale tomorrow in #GreatIndianFestival on @amazonIN at 12 noon at an introductory price of ₹17,999 (limited period). It will be also available on https://t.co/D3b3Qt4Ujl. pic.twitter.com/sXaIW7e3fd
— Mi India (@XiaomiIndia) October 25, 2018
Earlier (8th August 2018): Xiaomi Mi A2, the successor of last year’s Mi A1 and Mi A2 Lite were introduced Globally on 25th July at an event held in Spain. Now, Xiaomi has launched the Mi A2 in India. Most of the specifications remain same as the Global variant but the Indian variant comes with Quick Charge 4+ instead of Quick Charge 3.0. However, Xiaomi is providing the 5V/2A charger with this phone. So if you want to take advantage of the QC 4.0 fast-charging technology, you’ll have to buy it separately. Coming to the software, this device comes under Google’s Android One program and boots on Stock Android 8.1 Oreo with a couple of Mi Apps. Xiaomi has also promised Android 9 Pie update within this year.
To recall, the Mi A2 sports a 5.99-inch Full HD+ display with an aspect ratio of 18:9 and powered by the Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform paired with 4GB of RAM. It has a 3010mAh battery that supports Quick Charge 4.0. For photography, Mi A2 has a Dual camera set up on the rear that includes a primary sony-made 20MP sensor and a 12MP secondary sensor with LED flash. The rear camera is pre-loaded with various A.I. features such as Bokeh, Portrait, Beautify 4.0, Group selfie etc. The front camera has a Sony-made 20MP sensor with LED flash and also supports Full HD video recording. Furthermore, the rear camera can shoot 4K videos as well as 720p slow-motion videos. For connectivity, it includes Dual-band 5GHz WiFi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, and a Type-C Port.
The Xiaomi Mi A2 is offered in four colors – Black, Blue, Rose Gold, & Gold and available to pre-order via Amazon.in, Mi.com starting 9th August at ₹16,999. Shipping starts from 12th August onwards. Make a note that, Mi A2 doesn’t include a 3.5mm Audio jack so you need to relay on the Type-C to 3.5mm Adapter which is included in the box. As of now, only the 4GB/64GB variant is available to buy and the high-end 6GB/128GB variant will be made available in the coming days.
Xiaomi Mi A2 India Full Specifications
- 5.99-inch Display, 2160×1080 Pixels, 403 PPI
- 18:9 Aspect Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Metal Unibody, Fingerprint Scanner
- Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform, Octa-core, Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64GB eMMC 5.1 Flash Storage
- Android 8.1 Oreo with Android One
- Dual Rear Cameras, 20MP, ƒ/1.75, Sony IMX376 2.0μm Pixel Size + 12MP, ƒ/1.75, Sony IMX486 1.25μm Pixel Size, PDAF, Single LED Flash, PDAF
- 20MP Front Camera, Sony IMX376, ƒ/2.0, LED Selfie-light, Beautify 4.0, 1080P Recording, Soft LED Flash
- Video Recording (Front/Rear) – 4K, 1080p, 720p @ 30fps, EIS
- 3010mAh Battery, 5V/2A, Quick Charge 3.0
- Dual SIM, 2G/3G/4G LTE, Dual VoLTE
- Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi b/g/n/c (2.4/5GHz)
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- USB Type-C Port, IR Sensor
- Sensors – Accelerometer, E-Compass, Gyroscope, Ambient Light, Hall, Proximity
- Dimensions – 158.7 x 75.4 x 7.3 mm
- Weight – 168g
- In the Box – Handset, Case, Charger, USB Type-C Cable, SIM Ejector, Type-C to Audio Adapter, Manual