Xiaomi announces Mi A2, the successor of its first Android One smartphone Mi A1 at an event held in Spain. The specifications of Mi A2 is same the Mi 6X which was introduced in China in April 2018. The only difference is that the Mi 6X runs on MIUI wherein the Mi A2 runs on Android Oreo with Android One. It comes with a 5.99-inch Full HD+ display with an aspect ratio of 18:9 and powered by the Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform with a 3010mAh battery that supports Quick Charge 3.0. It is offered in three configurations – 4GB RAM with 32GB or 64GB storage and 6GB RAM with 128GB storage.
Coming to the camera, It has a Dual camera set up on the rear that includes a primary sony-made 20MP sensor and a secondary 12MP sensor with LED flash. The rear camera is pre-loaded with various A.I. features such as Bokeh, Portrait, Beautify 4.0, Group selfie etc. The front camera also has a Sony-made 20MP sensor with LED flash and also supports Full HD video recording. Furthermore, the rear camera can shoot 4K videos as well as 720p slow-motion videos. For connectivity, it includes Dual-band 5GHz WiFi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, and a Type-C Port. The major drawback is the lack of 3.5mm Jack. Regarding the software, Mi A2 runs Pure Stock Android 8.1 Oreo with a couple of Mi Apps and will receive the Android P update once available.
The Xiaomi Mi A2 is offered in three colors – Black, Blue, and Gold and available to buy in select countries starting 10th April 2018. The 4GB/64GB variant is priced at 249 Euros (Approx. ₹20,100), 4GB/64GB at 279 Euros (Approx. ₹22,500) and the high-end 6GB/128GB at 349 Euros (Approx. ₹28,200). It will launch in India & Italy on 8th August followed by Spain on 10th August and other countries to follow in the coming months.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Full Specifications
- 5.99-inch Display, 2160×1080 Pixels, 403 PPI
- 18:9 Aspect Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Metal Unibody, Fingerprint Scanner
- Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform, Octa-core, Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB Storage, 6GB RAM/128GB Storage
- LPDDR4X RAM, eMMC 5.1 Flash Storage
- Android 8.1 Oreo with Android One
- Dual Rear Cameras, 20MP, ƒ/1.75, Sony IMX376 2.0μm Pixel Size + 12MP, ƒ/1.75, Sony IMX486 1.25μm Pixel Size, PDAF, Single LED Flash, PDAF
- 20MP Front Camera, Sony IMX376, ƒ/2.0, LED Selfie-light, Beautify 4.0, 1080P Recording, Soft LED Flash
- Video Recording (Front/Rear) – 4K, 1080p, 720p @ 30fps
- 3010mAh Battery, 5V/2A, Quick Charge 3.0
- Dual SIM, 2G/3G/4G LTE, Dual VoLTE
- Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi b/g/n/c (2.4/5GHz)
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- USB Type-C Port, IR Sensor
- Sensors – Accelerometer, E-Compass, Gyroscope, Ambient Light, Hall, Proximity
- Dimensions – 158.7 x 75.4 x 7.3 mm
- Weight – 168g
- Colors – Black, Gold, Blue
- In the Box – Handset, Case, Charger, USB Type-C Cable, SIM Ejector, Type-C to Audio Adapter, Manual