Mi A1 is the first dual camera smartphone from Xiaomi launched in India at an event held at New Delhi. Also, it is the first smartphone from Xiaomi powered by the Google’s Android One project. Specifications of the Mi A1 is almost as the Mi 5X which was launched in June 2017. The only difference is the Software (OS). Mi A1 runs on Google’s stock Android wherein Mi 5X runs on MiUi. Apart from the stock Android, Mi A1 also comes preloaded with Mi Camera, Mi Remote, and Mi Store apps. As per the Google, Mi A1 will receive Android Oreo update within 2017 and it is also the first devices to get Android P next year.
Mi A1 flaunts a premium metal unibody design with rounded corners and the rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. To provide an improved thermal experience, Xiaomi has included a pyrolytic graphite sheet in the smartphone body which reduces the temperature by 2°C. The 5.5″ display has a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels and protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass. Under the hood is octa-core Snapdragon 625 mated with 4GB RAM and Adreno 506 GPU. It houses a 3080mAh battery that supports 5V/2A charging and also comes with the customized 380V charger. Similar to most of the Mi devices, it includes an IR sensor to control your home appliances.
Another important feature of this smartphone stands out is the Dual lens camera. It consists of two 12MP sensors – one wide-angle and one telephoto with Dual LED flash. It has an optical zoom of 2x with up to 10x optical zoom and supports PDAF, Pro mode, Background blur mode etc. The front camera has a 5MP sensor comes preloaded with 36 intelligent beauty filters and supports Facial recognition and Real-time beauty. Key connectivity options of A1 are Dual-band WiFi ac, Bluetooth, GPS. VoLTE, and Type-C Port.
Mi A1 is offered in three hues – Black, Gold, & Rose Gold colors and available to buy online exclusively through Flipkart at ₹14,999. You can also buy this device through Mi.com and Mi Homes starting 12th September 2017 at 12 PM. Official Mi A1 accessories are Textured hard case and Screen protector priced at ₹449 and ₹ 149 respectively. Customers who buy Mi A1 will also receive 200GB free 4G data from Airtel.
Xiaomi Mi A1 Specifications
- 5.5″ LTPS Display, 1920×1080 Pixels, 403ppi
- Metal Body, Fingerprint Scanner
- 2.0GHz Snapdragon 625 Processor, Octa-core, 14nm
- 4GB RAM, Adreno 506 GPU
- 64GB Storage, microSD Support up to 128GB
- Stock Android 7.0 Nougat, Android One
- Dual Rear Cameras, 12MP f/2.2 + 12MP f/2.6, PDAF, Dual LED Flash
- 5MP Front Camera, Real-time Beauty, 1080p Recording
- Video Recording – 4K, 1080p, 720p@30fps, Slow Motion 720p@120fps
- 3080mAh Battery, 5V/2A Charging, 380V Charger
- Hybrid Dual SIM, Nano + Nano/microSD
- Bluetooth 4.2/HID, WiFi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- 2G/3G/4G LTE, VoLTE, WiFi Display
- Reversible USB Type-C Port, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors – IR, Gyro, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyro, Proximity, Hall
- Dimensions (HxWxT) – 155.4 x 75.8 x 7.3 mm
- Weight – 165 g
- Colors – Rose Gold, Gold, Black
- Price – ₹14,999
- In the Box – Handset, Adapter, USB Type-C Cable, SIM Ejector Pin, Manuals