Vi today announced the availability of eSIM for its postpaid customers using eSIM compatible devices including. Vi postpaid customers using eSIM enabled smartphones will no longer be required to put in a physical SIM card to access the network. eSIM comes in the form of an integrated chip that will be compliant with all the supported mobile network operators. The consumer will be able to carry out normal calling, SMS, data access, and more without having to change physical SIM cards manually.
eSIM compatible device on Vi network
Apple: Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro & iPhone 12 Pro Max
Samsung: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, Samsung Galaxy Fold, Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G, Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2, Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Samsung Galaxy S20, Samsung Galaxy S20+, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
Others: Google Pixel 3A, Google Pixel 4a, Motorola Razr
In addition to Kerala, Vi eSIM service is also available in Mumbai, Gujarat, Delhi, Karnataka, Punjab, UP East, Kerala, Kolkata, Maharashtra, and Goa.
How to get Vi eSIM on your phone
- Send SMS to 199 by typing “eSIM <space> email id”. If no email id is registered with your mobile number, send SMS “email <space>email id” to 199.
- If your email is valid, you will receive an SMS from 199. You need to reply back with ESIMY to confirm the eSIM request.
- Post your confirmation SMS, you will receive another SMS from 199 asking you to provide consent over a call.
- After providing your consent on the call, an email with a QR code will be sent to the registered email id.
- Scan the QR Code and follow the prompts to activate eSIM.
- Visit the nearest Vi store with proof of identity and photograph to get a new Vi eSIM connection. It is preferred if you carry the handset along so that the QR codes generated during the activation process can be scanned immediately.
- The QR code sent through email will only be useful for a single scan and the eSIM will be successfully activated within 2 hours post scanning the code.