Uber has announced its support for the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), State Governments, and local NGOs with free rides worth INR 10 Crores for assisting the second phase of the world’s largest vaccination drive. The free rides can be utilized to travel to and from the nearest authorized vaccination center by citizens above 60 and 45+ age group with co-morbidities.
Uber’s initiative will facilitate free rides to vulnerable individuals through easily redeemable promo codes. Additionally, Uber will also leverage its NGO partners such as the Robin Hood Army and others for transporting the vulnerable and underprivileged elderly to vaccination centers.
How to Claim a Free Uber Ride?
- Open the Uber app on your smartphone.
- Tap the menu in the top left of the Uber app and select ‘Wallet’
- Select ‘Add Promo Code’ at the bottom. Vaccination Promo Codes will be applicable in the Uber app for all users, in 34 cities, and across all Uber Products.
- Add the promo code for a trip to the nearest Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Authorised vaccination center in a Govt. or Private hospital and the return trip.
- Go to the home screen and enter the pick-up/drop-off location for yourself or the person you are booking for.
- Confirm your trip.
Note: The value of each free ride will be a maximum of ₹150 and a rider is entitled to a maximum of two free rides, to and from the vaccination center. The final fare displayed before confirming the trip will be inclusive of the discount.
From March 8, Uber will roll out these free rides in a staggered manner across 35 Indian cities. Find all the eligible cities below.