At CES 2018, Sony announces Xperia XA2, the successor Xperia XA2 which was launched in 2017. The Unique selling point of this smartphone is the 23MP rear camera that features an Exmor RS sensor and also supports 4K video recording. At the front, you will get an 8MP camera with 120° wide-angle lens for selfies and video calls. For better audio experience it also comes with a built-in Smart Amplifier and ClearAudio+ technology.
Xperia XA2 sports a Gorilla Glass protected 5.2-inch full HD display and fuelled by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 CPU mated with 3GB of RAM. It has a 32GB eMMC storage and equipped with a non-removable 3,300mAh battery that supports Quick charge 3.0. In terms of design, this smartphone has an anodized aluminum on the sides with a diamond-cut finish on the top and bottom. The fingerprint scanner is mounted on the rear side. The connectivity options included are FM Radio, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi ac, GPS and a USB Type-C port.
The Sony Xperia XA2 will be available in both Single as well as Dual SIM in select markets and comes in four color options – Silver, Black, Blue, and Pink. It will go on sale in February 2018 and the price will be announced in the coming days.
Sony Xperia XA2 Specifications
- 5.2″ Display, 1920×1080 Pixels
- Fingerprint Scanner, Corning Gorilla Glass
- Snapdragon 630 Mobile Platform, Octa-core
- 3GB RAM, Adreno 508 GPU
- 32GB eMMC Storage, microSD up to 256GB
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- 23MP Rear Camera, LED Flash, Hybrid Autofocus, f/2.0
- 8MP Front Camera, 120° Wide-angle Lens, f/2.4
- Video Recording – 4K, 120fps Slow-motion
- 3,300mAh Battery, Quick Charge 3.0, Qnovo Adaptive Charging
- Single or Dual Nano SIM
- 4G LTE, Cat 13, Cat 12
- Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz)
- NFC, FM Radio
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS,
- USB Type-C, Qualcomm aptX HD Audio
- Google Cast, WiFi Mircast
- Dimensions – 142 x 70 x 9.7 mm
- Weight – 171g
- Colors – Silver, Black, Blue, Pink