Update: Along with the Galaxy Tab S6, Samsung also launches Galaxy Watch Active2 in India. It comes with a 44mm dial and in 2 material variants – Stainless Steel and Aluminum. The Steel variant comes in three colors – Silver, Black & Gold finish and priced at ₹31,990 wherein the Aluminum variant is offered in Black, Rose Gold & Cloud Silver finish and priced at ₹26,990. The Galaxy Watch 4G will be available from 11th October 2019 in both 46mm and 42mm variants and priced at ₹30,990 and ₹28,490 respectively. Check out the top features and full specifications below.
Earlier: 6th august 2019 – Samsung announces Galaxy Watch Active2, the successor of last year’s Galaxy Watch Active. It comes in two different sizes – 44mm & 40mm and sport a curved Super AMOLED touch display. Both variants feature a rotating touch bezel that turns both clockwise and anti-clockwise to advance screens for easy apps selection.
The Galaxy Watch Active2 also allows you to take photos, start recording a video, preview footage on the watch, switch between front and rear lenses, set a timer, etc. Additionally, the Watch is also available in LTE variant and allows you to make and receive calls directly from the watch. Check out the top features and full specifications below.
Galaxy Watch Active2 Features
- Samsung’s Tizen OS with upgraded One UI for a better user experience
- My Style algorithm – Take a photo of your outfit, choose from five different color patterns, and watch face changes accordingly
- Tracks 39 workouts
- Automatic activity detection – Running, walking, cycling, swimming, rowing machine, elliptical machine, and dynamic workouts
- Updated Running Coach to monitor running pace in real-time
- Sleep tracking with enhanced sleep analysis algorithms
- Dedicated health sensors for faster readings
- real-time voice and text translation in over 16 languages
- Make and receive calls directly from the watch – LTE variant only
- Spotify support, NFC for wireless payments
- Wireless PowerShare – Charge the Watch using compatible Galaxy smartphone
- Samsung Pay, Samsung Knox, Samsung Health
- Supports Bixby Voice Assistant
- Watch Camera Controller – Control smartphone camera using the watch
- Track real-time stress levels through Samsung Health & Access to guided meditation programs
Galaxy Watch Active2 Price, Availability
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 comes in two sizes – 40mm & 44mm with two case materials to choose from – Aluminum & Stainless Steel. The aluminum casing comes with Fluoroelastomer band while the Stainless Steel variant comes with a leather band. Both smartwatches can be personalized with a range of additional stylish straps – Silver, Black, Gold for Aluminum casing and Cloud Silver, Aqua Black, Pink Gold for Stainless Steel casing.
In the U.S., the Galaxy Watch Active2 Bluetooth edition price starts at $279.99 (Approx. ₹19,000) for the 40mm version and $299.99 (Approx. ₹20,500) for the 44mm version. Both variants will be available starting 27th September 2019 at Samsung.com and major retailers. Pre-orders start from 6th September 2019 till 26th September 2019 on Samsung.com and select retailers. Consumers who pre-order the Galaxy Watch Active2 on Samsung.com will receive a free Wireless Charger Portable Battery. The Galaxy Watch Active2 LTE edition will be available at AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular and Verizon starting 27th September 2019.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 Specifications
- 44mm model – 1.4-inch Super AMOLED Display, 360×360 Pixels
- 40mm model – 1.2-inch Super AMOLED Display, 360×360 Pixels
- Always On Display, Corning Gorilla Glass DX+
- IP68 Certified, 5ATM
- MIL-STD-810G Certified
- 1.15 GHz Exynos 9110 Processor, Dual-core
- Battery – 340mAh (44mm), 247mAh (40mm)
- WPC-based Wireless Charging
- Operating System – Tizen with Samsung OneUI
- 4GB RAM
- LTE Connectivity (LTE models only)
- Storage – 768MB (Bluetooth), 1.5GB (LTE)
- Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC
- A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- Sensors – Heart Rate, Electrocardiogram, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Barometer, Ambient Light
- Compatibility – Android 5.0 or higher (1.5GB RAM or Higher), iPhone 5 and above, iOS 9.0 or above