Update 22nd August 2018: Galaxy Note9 will be available in India starting 24th August 2018. The 128GB variant priced at ₹67,900 and the high-end 256GB variant priced at ₹84,900. It will be offered in Midnight Black and Metallic Copper colors, with matching S Pen. The Ocean Blue color variant will come with a yellow S Pen. Buyers can avail cashback worth ₹6,000 through Paytm Mall or when they make a payment through HDFC bank credit and debit cards. Customers can also exchange their old smartphone, and avail an exchange bonus of ₹6,000 through Samsung upgrade.
August 10, 2018: Samsung Announces Galaxy Note9, the successor of last years Galaxy Note 8 at an event held in New York. It sports a 6.4-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity display and powered by the Snapdragon 845 or Exynos 9810 octa-core processor with a high-capacity 4,000mAh battery that supports Fast charging as well as the wireless charging. Depending on the region, it is offered in either Single SIM or Dual Hybrid SIM with two RAM/Storage options to choose from – 6GB/128GB and 8GB/512GB.
The Key highlight of the Note9 is the dual camera setup. It comes with advanced noise reduction technology and a Dual Aperture mode just like Galaxy S9. Dual Aperture mode allows you to choose between two apertures – f/1.5 and f/2.4. Depending upon the lighting condition the camera automatically switches the aperture. If it’s dark, the lens opens to f/1.5 for brighter pictures and In the daylight, the lens shifts to f/2.4 mode to capture sharp images.
Samsung Galaxy Note9 Top Features
- Water Carbon Cooling system and on-device AI-based performance adjusting algorithm for stable performance
- S Pen with Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) – Take selfies, Group pictures, present slides, pause and play video etc.
- Scene Optimizer – Classifies the image into one of 20 categories and instantly optimize it based on the category
- Flaw Detection – Notification will appear if the image is blurry, the subject blinked or if there is a smudge on the lens, or even there’s backlight impacting the quality of the image
- Samsung Health and Samsung Pay
- Defense-grade Knox security platform
- Biometric authentication – Iris scan, Pattern, Face recognition, Fingerprint Scan
- Dedicated Bixby button
- AR Emoji
The Samsung Galaxy Note9 is offered in four hues – Midnight Black, Lavender Purple, Metallic Copper, and Ocen Blue. Regarding the S-Pen color, The Ocen Blue come with Yellow S Pen and rest all colors come with matching S-Pen. In the U.S. the 6GB/128GB variant priced at $999(Approx. ₹68,700) and the high-end 8GB/512GB costs you about $1,249(Approx. ₹85,900). Pre-orders in the U.S. starts 10th August and shipping begins 24th August 2018. There is no official information about the India launch.
Samsung Galaxy Note9 Full Specifications
- 6.4-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Display
- 2960 × 1440 Pixels, 516PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass
- 18.5:9 Aspect Ratio, Water and Dust Resistant (IP68)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform, Octa Core, Adreno 630 GPU, 10nm or
- Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 Processor, Octa-core, Mali G72 MP18 GPU, 10nm
- 6GB / 8GB RAM, LPDDR4
- 128GB /512GB Storage, UFS 2.1, MicroSD up to 512GB
- Android 8.1 Oreo with Samsung UI
- Single or Dual Hybrid SIM
- 2G/3G/4G VoLTE
- Dual Rear Cameras, 12MP f/2.4-f/1.5 Variable Aperture + 12MP, f/2.4, LED Flash,
- 8MP Front Camera, f/1.7
- Video Recording (Rear) – 4K, 1080p, Super Slow-motion
- 4000mAh Battery, Fast Charging, Wireless Charging
- Stereo Speakers Tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions (Phone) – 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm / Weight – 201 g
- Dimensions (S Pen) – 5.7 x 4.35 x 106.37 mm / Weight: 3.1 g
- Sensors – Proximity, Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro, Hall, Geomagnetic, Heart Rate, RGB Light, Iris Sensor, Pressure
- Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), Enhanced 4×4 MIMO
- GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou, NFC, MST
- USB Type-C 3.1 Port
- Colors – Black, Purple, Copper, Blue