Oppo today announces Oppo K1, a mid-range smartphone with an in-display fingerprint scanner in India at an aggressive price tag. It has a 6.4-inch FullHD+ display with a dewdrop design and has an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. Under the hood is Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform mated with 4GB RAM and a 3,600mAh battery. It’s a dual SIM 4G device offers internal storage of 64GB and runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with ColorOS 5.2 on top.
For photography, Oppo K1 has a vertically positioned 16MP + 2MP dual camera setup on the rear side and a 25MP front camera for high-quality selfies & video calls. As stated earlier, the key highlight of Oppo K1 is the in-display fingerprint scanner that allows you to unlock the smartphone by pressing your fingertip on the icon in the lower portion of the display.
The Oppo K1 is available in two colors – Piano Black & Astral Blue and priced at ₹16,990. It will be available on Flipkart starting 12th February at 12 AM. Oppo has also announced a few launch offer that includes 10% instant discount for Citi bank cards, No cost EMI for 3 or 6 months, 0% buyback value at ₹1 and Flipkart’s Complete mobile protection plan.
OPPO K1 Full Specifications
- 6.4-inch Full HD+ AMOLED Display, 2340 x 1080 Pixels
- 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio, 2.5D Curved Glass, 402 PPI
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- In-display Fingerprint Scanner
- 2.2GHz Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform, Octa-core, 14nm, Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB Storage
- MicroSD Upto 256GB
- Android 8.1 Oreo with ColorOS 5.2
- 3,600mAh Battery
- 2G/3G/4G, Dual SIM, VoLTE
- Dual Rear Cameras. (16MP + 2MP), LED Flash
- 25MP Front Camera
- Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz)
- GPS, GLONASS, USB OTG
- Micro USB Port, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors – Magnetic Induction, Light, Proximity, G-sensor, Acceleration, Sensor Hub, E-compass
- Dimensions – 158.3 x 75.4 x 7.4mm
- Weight – 156g
- In the Box – Handset, Earphone, Micro-USB Cable, Adapter, SIM Ejector, Case, Screen Protector, Manual
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Will Yang, Brand Director, OPPO India said, “We are delighted to introduce OPPO K1 – our first smartphone from the globally successful K series to the Indian market. At OPPO, we understand the evolving market trend and hence focus on making products in line with requirement for our consumers. Today, the Indian consumers are rapidly embracing e-commerce platforms and therefore to cater to this demand, we have adopted a multi-channel strategy for the K series. Having won hearts in the offline space, OPPO is now all set to put more energy behind the online channel as well. We hope that our consumers have a memorable and delightful experience with the OPPO K1.”