Back in May 2019, OnePlus had introduced its first 90Hz display smartphone OnePlus 7 Pro that received A+ Display Rating from DisplayMate. Now, to provide superior visual quality and viewing comfort OnePlus announces a new 120 Hz Fluid Display at the 2020 Screen Technology event held in China. The new display technology is expected to arrive with OnePlus’ upcoming flagship smartphone in the 2nd half of 2020.
According to OnePlus, the new display features the most rigorous hardware configuration in the industry and a handful of exciting technologies such as MEMC technology for smoother video playback, a QHD+ resolution, the most accurate color accuracy and 4096-level of automatic brightness control. The display also uses the latest generation of organic light-emitting materials, with a peak brightness of more than 1000 nits.
Also Read: OnePlus Concept One with Invisible Rear Camera Announced
In addition, it also has a touch sampling rate to an industry high of 240Hz for a more responsive touch experience. OnePlus has also said that the 120Hz display has yielded significantly better results than other existing high refresh rate displays in the industry on measures of click response, scroll response, and accuracy. The following are the key highlights of the OnePlus’ 120Hz display.
- A unique AMOLED display with smooth 120Hz refresh rate made in association with Samsung
- Latest generation of organic light-emitting materials with a peak brightness of more than 1000 nits and a longer lifetime
- 240Hz touch sampling rate for a more responsive touch experience
- MEMC technology for a smoother video playback
- Real-time algorithmic adjustments to insert additional frames to a video file, enabling something shot at 24fps or 30fps to play at 60fps or 120fps
- Geater color accuracy – support for up to 1 billion shades of color
- An industry-leading JNCD ratio of less than 0.8
- Supports 10-bit color – 1,024 shades of each primary color and over 1.07 billion possible colors
- An industry-leading color accuracy standards – Extra 30 seconds to the production time wherein each display panel is automatically calibrated for color accuracy before it’s released