Motorola announces Moto Z3 Play, the successor of last year’s Moto Z2 Play with an improved camera, 18:9 display and AI capabilities. It sports a 6-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display and driven by the Snapdragon 636 Octa-core Mobile Platform with a turbo-powered 3,000mAh battery. It is available in two configurations – 32GB or 64GB internal storage with 4GB RAM on both. Depending on the country, it is available in both Single or Dual SIM variants with expandable storage up to 2TB. It has a side mounted fingerprint scanner and runs on near stock Android 8.1 Oreo with Moto enhancements.
Compared to the Moto Z2 Play, the key highlight of the Z3 Play is the camera. It has a dual camera setup on the rear with 12MP and 5MP sensors positioned with CCT dual LED flash. It can also shoot 4K videos at 30fps and 720p slow-motion videos at 120fps. At the front, it has an 8MP camera that supports screen flash. Similar to the previous generation Moto Z series, it also has Moto Mod connectors at the rear bottom side lets you connect various Moto Mods.
Moto Z3 Play Highlights
- 2.5D glass front and back with 6000 series polished aluminum frame
- Various camera modes – Cinemagraphs, Portrait, Spot color, Cutout mode, Face filters, YouTube Live, Active photos, Group selfie, Face beauty etc.
- Voice control – Moto Voice, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa available with Moto Mod
- Moto Actions: Three finger screenshot, Screenshot editor, One button nav, Chop twice for flashlight, Twist for quick capture, Swipe to shrink screen etc.
- Moto Display – Night display, Attentive display
- Compatible with all Moto Mods
- Dual depth-sensing smart cameras and smarter contextual computing
The Moto Z3 Play is offered in Indigo Black hue and will be available in Brazil at R$ 2,299 (Approx. ₹40,000) with Global rollout set for June 2018. In the U.S. it will be available starting summer at Sprint and U.S. Cellular followed by Canada at Videotron, Bell Mobility, Virgin Mobile, MTS, and SaskTel. The unlocked variants will also be made available through Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Fry’s, B&H Photo, and a Prime Exclusive Phone on Amazon.com. The Moto Z3 Play will be bundled with a battery moto mod for $499.
Moto Z3 Play Full Specifications
- 6-inch Super AMOLED Display, 2160×1080 Pixels
- 403 PPI, 18:9 Display, Gorilla Glass
- Splash Resistant (p2i)
- Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock
- 1.8GHz Snapdragon 636 Processor, Octa-core
- 4GB RAM, Adreno 509 GPU
- 32GB/64GB Storage, microSD Support up to 2TB
- Android 8.1 Oreo, Moto Enhancements
- Dual Rear Cameras, (12MP f/1.7+5MP f/2.2), Dual Autofocus Pixel, CCT Dual LED Flash
- 8MP Front Camera, f/2.0, 84° Lens, Screen Flash
- Video Recording (Rear) – 4K, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- 3,000mAh Battery, Turbo Charging
- Dual SIM, Nano + Nano, Dedicated microSD Slot
- 4G LTE, TDD Band 40, VoLTE
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE, WiFi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz)
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, Beidu, NFC
- USB 3.1 Type-C Port, Moto Mods Connector
- Sensors – Proximity, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Ambient Light, E-Compass, Ultrasonic
- Dimensions – 156.5 x 76.5 x 6.7 mm
- Weight – 155g
- Colors – Indigo
- In the Box – Handset, Turbo Charger, USB Type-C Cable, Headset Adapter, Manual