Back in April 2018, Motorola had introduced 5th Gen, E Series devices namely Moto E5, Moto E5 Plus and Moto E5 Play. Now, the company has expanded its 5th Gen. E Series line-up with the launch of Moto E5 Play Android Go Edition. In terms of design, both E5 Play and Go Edition E5 Play looks identical, but, there are a few changes to the hardware especially the display. It sports a 5.3-inch display with 18:9 aspect ratio and powered by the quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor with 1GB of RAM.
It packs a downgraded 2,100mAh battery and also comes with water-repellent coatings to safeguard the phone from accidental spills and splashes. Coming to the camera, it has the same 8MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera which is present on the standard Moto E5 Play. There is also a fingerprint scanner which is placed on the rear side just below the rear camera module with the Moto logo.
The Moto E5 Play Android Go Edition is offered only in Black color and will be available starting this month in various countries in Europe and Latin America starting at €109 (Approx. ₹9,000).
Moto E5 Play Android Go Edition Specifications
- 5.3-inch FWVGA Display, 480 x 960 Pixels
- 18:9 Aspect Ratio, Fingerprint Scanner
- Water Repellent Coating
- 1.4GHz Snapdragon 425 Mobile Platform, Quad-core
- 1GB RAM, Adreno 308 GPU
- 16GB Storage, microSD up to 128GB
- Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition
- 8MP Rear Camera, LED Flash, ƒ/2,0
- 5MP Front Camera, Selfie Flash
- 2,100mAh Battery
- 2G/3G/4G, VoLTE
- Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi b/g/n, GPS
- Micro USB Port, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors – Proximity, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, E-Compass
- Dimensions – 147.88 x 71.2 x 9.19 mm
- Weight – 145g
- Colors – Black