Along with its first Android Go Edition smartphone Redmi Go, Xiaomi also announces Mi Pay app for MIUI users in India. The Mi Pay is a UPI-based application just like BHIM, Google Pay etc. and deeply integrated within Xiaomi’s MIUI interface across SMS, Contacts, Scanner, App Vault, and Settings. Consumers can effectively make payments using UPI and other debit cards, credit cards and internet banking across 120+ banks and over 120 billers. ICICI Bank is the payment service provider for Mi Pay.
Using Mi Pay, consumers can pay utility bills such as Phone bills, Phone recharges, Water or electricity bill payments etc. According to Xiaomi, the Mi pay UPI has been approved by NPCI under the multi-bank API model and it has been audited by CERT-IN empanelled auditors E&Y and Lucideus. Additionally, Mi-Pay provides safe and secure transactions with all data stored locally in India servers in an encrypted format.
Mi Pay Features
- Transfer money via UPI
- Transfer money to a bank account
- Request money, Split-bill
- Transfer money by scanning QR code
- Approved by NPCI
- Supports more than 120+ banks
- Deeply integrated with MIUI – Transfer money in SMS, Contacts etc.
- Shop on Mi.com
- Change or Reset UPI PIN
- Check bank balance, Check transaction history
- Easily pay from your App Vault
- Pay utility bills such as Phone, Water, Electricity, Recharges etc.
- Create a UPI ID to send and receive money from any UPI user