MediaTek launches MT9638 4K Smart TV Chip with an integrated high-performance AI processing unit (APU). The newly introduced chip supports advanced AI-enhancement technologies such as AI super-resolution, AI picture quality, and AI voice assistants. Additionally, it also supports variable refresh rate (VRR) and MEMC (motion estimation and motion compensation) for improved graphics performance and smoother picture quality.
The chipset is powered by AI picture quality technology that enables real-time content and scene recognition and adjusts the color saturation, brightness, sharpness, dynamic motion compensation. The MediaTek MT9638-powered 4K smart TVs are expected to reach the consumer market in Q2 2021
MediaTek’s MT9638 Features
- A multi-core Arm Cortex-A55 CPU, Arm Mali-G52 GPU
- Dedicated MediaTek APU integrated into a single chip
- Smart noise reduction to improve overall image quality
- HDR10+ display support
- AI super-resolution technology & MEMC technology
- Supports Wi-Fi 6, HDMI 2.1a and USB 3.0
- AI voice recognition and AI-enabled video calls
- Premium Dolby Atmos and DTS Virtual X surround sound support
- Up to four far-field microphones with ultra-low power consumption (0.5W) on standby
- Up to 4K60 resolution support with a multimedia decoding engine for HEVC, VP9 and AV1 content.