Back in June 2017, Lenovo had rolled out Android 7.0 Nougat update for K6 Power and K6 Note smartphones in India. Today, the company has started rolling out Android Nougat updated for Lenovo Z2 Plus and Lenovo P2. With this Lenovo completes rollout of the latest Android 7.0 Nougat Update on to its entire 2017 product lineup. Since the update is rolling out in phases, it might take some time to reach your phone. You will receive the push notification once the update hits your device. You can also check for the update manually by going to Settings -> About -> System Updates -> Check for update.
- Multi-window support to run two apps simultaneously
- Data saver to limit background data usage
- Smarter & bundled notifications
- Ability to reply from the notification bar itself without opening any app
- Quick app switching
- Changeable font sizes
- Doze mode for better battery life
Apart from the above features, Lenovo Z2 Plus users get additional functionalities including a Manual camera mode, ability to launch apps with the fingerprint reader, Screen recorder and Video over LTE mode.
Things to Remeber
- Take the complete backup of your smartphone before initiating the update
- Ensure the phone has sufficient battery (At least 50% or above)
- As it’s a large update, avoid using mobile networks. Lenovo recommends installing the update over Wi-Fi network
- In the case of stability issues arising due to legacy app data, a factory reset would help get optimal device performance