JioPhone was first announced at the company’s 40th Annual General Meeting held on July 21, 2017. During the launch, only a few of the features and specifications were announced. Today, the company has made the JioPhone official. Pre-booking starts on 24th August i.e. Today at 5.30 PM onwards and delivery of the phone commences on a first come first serve basis starting September 2017. During the pre-booking, you will have to pay ₹500 and rest ₹1000 at the time of delivery. The entire ₹1500 treated as a security deposit and you can opt for a full refund by returning the used JioPhone after 3 years. Online pre-booking can be done either by using MyJio App or Jio.com. You can also book the phone by visiting the Jio certified retail stores.
Coming to the specifications, JioPhone features a 2.4-inch QVGA display and comes with 4GB of internal storage. For photography, it includes a 2MP rear camera and a 0.3MP camera on the front for selfies and video calls. You will also get access to few Jio apps such as MyJio, JioTV, JioCinema, JioChat, JioMusic, JioXpressNews JioVideoCall, JioShare, JioGames, and HelloJio. For ease of communication, JioPhone comes preloaded with 22 Indian languages lets you read and write using the language of your choice. It’s a Single SIM device supports 4G and VoLTE.
Furthermore, the built-in Jio Voice Assistant will allow you to make calls, surf internet, play music etc. You can even use the voice assistant to Play music on the JioMusic or watch movies on the JioCinema app. Another major highlight of this phone is the GPS hardware with a dedicated mapping app for navigation. It houses a 2000mAh battery that can provide standby time up to 15 days. For connectivity, you will get Micro USB port, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, 3.5mm audio port, NFC, and FM Radio.
JioPhone Tariff Plans
There are two main tariff plans – ₹153 and ₹309. The ₹153 Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan plan comes with Unlimited data, Calls and Jio Apps. The ₹309 pack lets you watch JioTV on smart TV’s as well as conventional CRT TV’s using JioMediaCable. Apart from the monthly pack, Jio has also announced two Sachet Packs. The ₹24 pack comes with 2-days of validity and the ₹54 pack comes with 7 days validity. There will be a fair usage policy of half a GB (500MB) per day, to ensure that bandwidth is fairly apportioned for every user. Jio Media Cable is sold separately.
- 2.4-inch QVGA Display, 320×240 Pixels
- 4-way Navigation Button
- 1.2GHz Dual-core CPU, Mali-400 GPU
- 512MB RAM, 4GB Internal Storage
- microSD Support up to 128GB
- KAI OS, Jio Voice Assistant
- 2MP Rear Camera, Video Recording
- 0.3MP Front Camera
- 2000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Single Nano SIM
- 4G LTE Cat. 4, TDD Band 40, VoLTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1 with BLE, NFC
- USB 2.0 Port, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- JioMediaCable Support
- GPS with Dedicated Mapping App
- FM Radio, Music Player, Torch Light, Loud Speaker
- Video Player – 720p, MPEG4, h.263, h.264
- Colors – Black
- Price – ₹ 1,500
- In the Box – Handset, Battery, Charger, SIM Card, Manual
How to Book JioPhone?
- Open MyJio App from your smartphone or Visit Jio.com
- Open JioPhone booking page
- Enter your Mobile number and Area Pin code
- Complete the payment of ₹500 using Credit/Debit cards or Digital wallets
- Once the payment is done, SMS with voucher details will be sent to the mobile number submitted by you.
- ₹500 is the pre-booking amount and it will be adjusted during the time of phone delivery. On the availability of JioPhone, you will be informed about the store details from where you can collect your phone on payment of remaining deposit amount