Almost a month after the Global debut, Huawei launches its flagship Mate 20 Pro in India at an event held in New Delhi. The Mate 20 Pro comes with a 6.39-inch QHD+ OLED HDR display with a resolution of 3120 x 1440 pixels and has an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. Under the hood is Huawei’s in-house Kirin 980 Processor mated with a 4,200mAh battery that supports 40W Fast Charging and also 15W Wireless Reverser Quick Charging. Apart from the in-display fingerprint scanner, this device also equipped with 24MP depth-sensing camera that allows you securely unlock the smartphone using your face.
The key highlight of this smartphone is the Matrix Camera system. The setup includes a combination of three sensors – 40MP Primary + 20MP Ultra wide-angle + 8MP Telephoto with an LED flash. These lenses together support a wide range of focal lengths almost equivalent to the performance of a 16-270mm zoom lens. The front camera has a 24MP sensor supported by a dot projector, flood illuminator and IR camera for secured face unlock. Another key highlight of this smartphone is NM Card. This is the first smartphone to support NM card which is 45% smaller than a conventional microSD card. It has the size almost same nano-SIM card and can be used with the dual SIM tray. In India, the Mate 20 Pro is only available in 6GB RAM / 128GB Storage combination.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Features
- Hyper optical pattern – Easy to grip and Fingerprint resistant
- World’s first 7nm AI mobile chipset – 6.9 billion transistors
- Dual-NPU for higher On-device AI processing capabilities
- Huawei SuperCharge – 70% of charge in 30 minutes
- Fastest Wi-Fi connection speeds – 2GB footage download in 10 seconds
- Dual-band (L1+L5) GPS positioning technology for accurate positioning
- Supports the 4.5G LTE Cat. 21 standard – Download speeds of up to 1.4Gbps
- AI GPS Satellite Selection technology to enhance the positioning accuracy
- Wireless reverse charge – Wirelessly charges other devices and accessories that support wireless charging
- Matrix camera system – Three cameras and sensor encircled in a polished metal frame
- AI Portrait Color video mode with real-time processing
- AI Spotlight Reel – Identifies clips with a shared theme and auto-generates a montage
- 3D Face Unlock – Unlocks the device within 0.6s using the 3D depth sensing camera
- New gesture navigation – Interact with the device using taps and swipes
- Highest light sensitivity – ISO up to 102400
- Personalized Bokeh effect – Hearts, Swirl etc.
- AI-powered real-time cinema effects with preset. modes – Adjust hue, saturation etc.
- 3D live emoji – Create own customized Avatars
- Underwater shooting with an optional accessory
- 3D modeling calorie calculation – Calorie calculation based on Food recognition
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Price, Colors, Offers
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro is sold in Twilight color and priced at ₹69,990. It will be available to purchase exclusively via Amazon.in starting 3rd December for Amazon Prime Members followed by 4th December for non-prime members. There is also a bundle offer wherein buyers can opt for Mate 20 Pro + Sennheiser PXC550 Wireless Headphones worth ₹29,990 at ₹71,990 (Limited Time Only). Additionally, Idea post-paid users will get 20% bill rental discount per month for 12 months on Red/Nirvana rental plans of ₹499 and above. A special offer is also applicable exclusively for Vodafone Idea limited customers whereby they can avail 1.1 GB data per day for 12 recharges/months for recharges worth ₹199.
The Mate 20 Pro will also be available across Croma stores in key metro cities starting December 10, 2018.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Specs
- 6.39-inch QHD+ OLED HDR Display, 3120 x 1440 Pixels
- 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio, DCI-P3, 820 nits Brightness
- 86.90% Screen-to-body Ratio
- In-display Fingerprint Scanner, 3D Face Unlock
- IP 68 Water & Dust Resistant
- Huawei Kirin 980 Processor, Octa-core, ARM Mali-G76 GPU
- GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB Storage
- Expandable Storage up to 256GB Using NM Card
- Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0
- 4,200mAh Battery, 40W Fast Charging, 15W Wireless Reverser Quick Charge
- Triple Rear Camera, 40MP f/1.8 Wide Angle + 20MP f/2.2 Ultra Wide Angle + 8MP f/2.4 Telephoto, Laser Focus, Phase Focus, Contrast Focus, AI Image Stabilization, LED Flash
- 24MP Front Camera, f/2.0, 3D Depth Sensing
- 2G/3G/4G, Dual 4G VoLTE
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano + Nano / NM Card)
- Bluetooth 5 LE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz)
- Dual-band GPS (L1 + L5), NFC
- USB Type-C Port
- Invisible Dual Speakers, Dolby ATMOS
- Sensors – Gravity, Ambient, Proximity, Gyro, Compass, Hall, Laser, Barometer, IR, Color Temperature
- Dimensions: 157.8 x 72.3 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 189g