Honor 8 Pro is a Dual camera smartphone which was launched in China as Honor V9 in February 2017. Now Honor has made it official in India. This device sports a 5.7″ Quad-HD display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels and powered by the Huawei-made Kirin 960 Octa-core processor with 6GB of RAM. It’s a Dual SIM device features a hybrid SIM tray and supports microSD up to 256GB. It offers an internal memory of 128GB and runs on EMUI 5.1 based on Android Nougat.
Coming to the design, Honor 8 Pro features a metal body with 6.99mm thickness and rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. The major highlight of this smartphone is the 12MP Dual rear camera setup. The monochrome lens captures a black and white image with depth of detail while the RGB lens captures the colors. It supports Laser Autofocus and also lets you shoot 4K videos at 30 fps. Furthermore, this device is also co-developed with Go Pro that intelligently organizes photos by category and automatically generates the video stories which can be easily customizable based on the user needs.
The 4000mAh battery with Smart Power 5.0 technology helps to maximize battery life by automatically terminating high power consuming background applications. Battery gets charged from 0 to 100% in 1 hour 50 minutes and 30 mins of charging will charge the battery up to 35%. Connectivity features included are Dual Band WiFi ac, Bluetooth, USB Type-C port, NFC, GPS, and VoLTE. It also comes with an RGB notification LED and Infrared sensor.
Price, Colors, and Availability
Honor 8 Pro is offered in Navy Blue and Midnight Black colors and exclusively available through Amazon India at ₹ 29,999. The first sale is scheduled on 10th July at 6 PM only for Amazon Prime members and the open sale begins from 13th July. Launch offers include up to 15% cashback on HDFC cards, 45GB free data for Vodafone customers for 5 months and No Cost EMI. The retail box of this smartphone is unique and converts into a cardboard VR viewer once you remove all the package contents.
Honor 8 Pro Specifications
- 5.7″ Quad HD Display, 2560 x 1440 Pixels, 515 ppi
- 2.5D Curved Glass, Metal Body, Fingerprint Scanner
- 2.4GHz Kirin 960 Processor, Octa-core
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM, Mali G-71 GPU
- 128GB Storage, microSD Support up to 256GB
- EMUI 5.1 Based on Android Nougat
- Dual Rear Cameras, 12MP+12MP, f/2.2, Dual LED Flash
- 8MP Front Camera, f/2.0, 1080p Video Recording
- Video Recording (Rear) – [email protected], [email protected], Slow Motion
- 40000mAh Battery, Fast Charging (9V/2A)
- Dual SIM, Nano + Nano/microSD
- 4G LTE, TDD Band 40, VoLTE
- Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi ac (2.4GHz+5GHz)
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- NFC, RGB Notification Light
- 3 Microphones with Noise Cancellation
- ANC, HD Vocie+, Bottom Facing Speakers
- USB Type-C 2.0, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors – Hall, Infrared, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-Compass, Gravity, Gyroscope
- Dimensions (HxWxT) – 157 x 77.50 x 6.97 mm
- Weight – 184g
- Colors – Navy Blue, Midnight Black
- Price – ₹ 29,999
- In the Box – Handset, USB Type-C Cable, Adapter, VR Lenses, Manuals