On 5th May 2016, Google has rolled out Play Store carrier billing in collaboration with Idea Cellular. So it became very easy for Idea subscribers to buy the content from Google Play Store. Now PayTm has made this buying process much easier for everyone. You can easily recharge your Play Store account using PayTM.
Note: Paytm do not transfer the money directly to your Play Store account, instead it will generate a coupon code. You need to enter this code in your Play Store account. Transferred amount will be in the form of Gift Cards (Google Play Balance for Gift Cards).
How to Recharge your Google Play Store account using Paytm
- Open Paytm App
2. Go to Google Play Store Recharge section and enter the amount you want to recharge and tap on proceed. Note: Minimum recharge limit is ₹ 100 and the maximum limit is ₹ 1500. Proceed further and complete the payment.
3. Once the transaction is complete, 20 Digit code will be displayed on the screen. You will also get an SMS containing the code. Copy the code.
Redeeming the code in Google Play Store
Open the Play Store app and Tap the menu icon at the top left and Go to “Redeem”. Paste the 20 Digit code and tap on “Redeem” button. Confirm your account or enter billing address if needed. Once your code is validated, the amount will be added to your Play Store account and you will get the confirmation message with the balance instantly.
How to buy the apps from Google Play?
Open Play Store and go to the paid app you want to buy. Tap on the button on which price is mentioned. Make sure Google Play Balance is selected as the payment method and tap on the buy button. Download begins instantly and you will get the confirmation email from the Google along with the Invoice.
Check Google Play Store Gift balance
To check the balance open Play Store, tap on menu button and select “Account” and then select Payment methods. You can also call Google Support if you have any issues with the purchase.
Things to remember:
- No fees or expiration dates apply for Gift cards.
- Refunded amount will be credited back to your Gift card balance.
- This gift balance is not eligible to purchase certain subscriptions.
- The Gift Card is not redeemable for cash and also cannot be transferred.
- The Git card purchased from Paytm is valid only in India. Check out more details here.
- Read all the Google Play Store terms and conditions here.
Google Play Direct Carrier Billing is also available for Airtel and Vodafone subscribers. Check out here for more details on Direct Carrier Billing and how to use it. Do let us know in the comments if you need any help.