Free Fire, one of the world’s most popular mobile battle royale game, has opened registrations for its first tournament, the Free Fire India Championship (FFIC) 2020 in India. Free Fire players from across the country can register for the tournament and win big from a prize pool of ₹35 lakh. Registration has already begun and the last date register for the tournament is 26th January 2020.
- Players will register in teams of 4-5, who will then compete in the Online Qualifier stage
- Each Qualifier will comprise multiple stages which will have teams compete in best-of-1 / 4 / 6, etc. rounds
- Teams will be ranked on points assigned for their placements and kill counts at the end of each round
- Top 22 teams will advance to the League stage, where these 22 teams and the top 2 teams from the last national tournament, Free Fire India Today League, will battle it out in 4 groups over 6 matches
- Top 12 teams will then advance to the Finals, where they will compete for the title of India’s Best Free Fire Team and ₹15 lakh
|5th to 7th||1,00,000|
|8th and 9th||70,000|
|10th to 12th||50,000|
|13th to 24th||30,000|
Apart from the cash prize, the winning team will also get the unique opportunity to represent India and compete against the world’s best Free Fire teams at the upcoming Free Fire Champions Cup in Jakarta, Indonesia. According to the company, the Free Fire has more than 450 million registered users and over 50 million daily users as of May 2019. As per App Annie, Free Fire was the most downloaded mobile game of 2019 across the Apple iOS App Store and Google Play Store.