Fossil announces the launch of its newest wearables, the Gen 6 Touchscreen Smartwatch in India. It will be the first smartwatch powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100+ Platform, providing users faster application load times, responsive user experiences, and also more efficient power consumption. It comes with 1.28-inch touchscreen digital display and runs on Wear OS by Google. It is compatible with Android as well as iOS devices.
Gen 6 boasts an upgraded heart rate sensor to allow continuous tracking and improved signal accuracy. It will include a SpO2 sensor that tracks an estimate of the wearer’s blood oxygen measurements to see how well the body is circulating oxygen over time. The smartwatch also supports Voice Calls on Android & iOS devices and allows users to make and receive calls right from their Gen 6 smartwatch.
The Gen 6’s supports fast charging and can go from 0 to 80% in about 30 minutes. It also supports Smart Battery Modes and capable of providing more than 24 hours of battery life or even multiple days in Extended Battery Mode. Gen 6 smartwatch is also compatible with Google’s new system update, Wear OS 3, announced earlier this year and will receive the Wear OS 3 system update in 2022.
Fossil Gen 6 features:
- 1.28-inch touchscreen digital display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100+
- Fast charging – 0 to 80% charge in 30 minutes.
- Heart rate and new SpO2 sensor
- Speaker functionality to make and receive tethered calls
- Compatible with Wear OS 3 (Available in 2022)
- Stainless steel case, topring and pushers
- Swimproof (up to 3 ATM)
- 8GB internal storage, 1GB RAM
- 4-pin USB charging with magnetic puck
- Customizable dials and button functionality
- Interchangeable straps and bracelets
- Spotify Music (Premium) and Podcasts Offline
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE, WiFi, GPS, NFC SE
- 44mm and 42mm case size options
- Accelerometer, Gyro, Compass, Altimeter, Off-body IR, Ambient Light
The new Fossil brand Gen 6 is offered in four colors in a 44mm case and three colors in a 42mm case. Price starts from ₹23,995 and will be available for purchase in India starting 27th September via brands official website and also thorugh amazon.in and select offline retail stores.